Funeral Directors Should Play Dodgeball in the Olympics | FFFW #46
This month we kicked off the 2021… well “2020” Olympics. Aaaand, I realized I haven’t covered it at all here on the FFFW. Now, we all know that the Wrap is all about celebration and games, and that’s exactly what the Olympics are all about. That being said, there are several things that should be in the Olympics that are not. The list is endless, but here’s the short version.
- Mechanical bull riding. I would get hyped and spend a good evening of my life watching the best mechanical bull riders from each country battle it out. COUNT ME IN!
- Minigolf. And I want the clown and the windmills. Don’t hold back, this could be amazing.
- Dodgeball. Now, I was kinda kidding with the first two, but I seriously think dodgeball could be an Olympic sport. It’s everyone’s favorite elementary school game, and I don’t know if there’s any other sport that mixes athleticism, strategy, and fun together as much as this game does. Let’s bring it in 2024.
HOW TO MAXIMIZE YOUR TIME
You’re very busy. You have to be. This profession doesn’t lend itself to copious amounts of free time and a light workload. So, wouldn’t it be nice to have some backup? Wouldn’t it feel freeing to have people you trust working with your company and brand? Well, DISRUPT Media wants to give you those feelings and so much more.
Not only does DISRUPT Media provide you with a digital marketing strategy, 24/7 page monitoring (reading messages, responding to comments, etc.), and the boldest ideas to help you pierce through the noise, but DISRUPT Media gives you a full-blown team. That’s right.
Members of DISRUPT Media have access to writers, graphic designers, creative developers, and an analytics team that all share the same goal: they want to see you succeed.
Sounds good? Too good? Well… good. It only gets better because this whole team only costs a third of what you might pay one full-time employee.
WANT AN AD IN FFFW LIKE THIS? JUST SHOOT RYAN AN EMAIL AT RYAN@DISRUPTMEDIA.CO WE’LL WRITE UP AN ARTICLE AND MAKE A CUSTOM GIF!
COOL CANADIAN THINGS
Did you hear the news? Canadian Embalmers can now show tattoos. There’s a whole article about it right here. So, even though this is our unofficial Olympic special and being an American, I’m not supposed to cheer for Canada, I’m going to give them a round-of-applause right now. And, to swallow my pride, I’ve created a list of other cool things Canada has done.
1) Dam. Yeah, they have the record for the world’s longest beaver dam. Impressive.
2) They made the largest human maple leaf. That’s pretty cool- unbe-leaf-able! Bam!
3) They gathered the most people together to wolf howl.
Now, I grew up reading Guinness World Record books, and I’m fascinated by people making and breaking records. So, we have a big convention called NFDA coming up. I see no reason why we can’t all band together and set a few of our own. Check-in next week for some ideas on the subject. But, if you’re affiliated with NFDA, reach out to us at CD, and let’s see if there’s anything we can make happen.
COMIC OF THE WEEK
Never rested, but always living the dream.
YOU OTTER BE PROUD
Let’s be honest, our profession gets a lot of negative press, so we’ve searched the internet to find stories of funeral things getting respect, and doing great things!
1) Virginia’s First Funeral Directing Degree Program is Open for Enrollment
2) ‘Physicians Mutual Sweets’ Shows Appreciation to Last Responders
3) Eterneva Lands $10 Million to Help People Grieve by Making Diamonds From Cremated Ashes