‘Physicians Mutual Sweets’ Shows Appreciation to Last Responders
OMAHA, Neb. – 25 funeral homes across the county are eagerly awaiting the arrival of a Sugarwish Sweet Shoppe, compliments of Physicians Mutual! The company recently accepted nominations of funeral homes that deserved a sweet treat in recognition of their heroic efforts during the pandemic. 25 funeral homes were randomly selected to receive a package of sweet and savory treats to share and enjoy.
Physicians Mutual asked nominators to share a few sweet words about why the funeral home of their choosing deserves a treat. Here are just a few excerpts from the nominations received:
- “I would like to take a minute to give appreciation to Felix H. Morales Funeral Home & Crematory of Houston, Texas. From the first conversation over the phone, the arrangement process, date of service for my dad, and also weeks afterwards of staff reaching out to me concerned making sure if I needed anything they were there to help … From the bottom of my heart, myself and my family we want to thank you! God bless you.” – Leo Pereda
- “[Dean K. Wetzler Funeral Home of Milesburg, PA deserves a treat because of] their willingness to go above and beyond to assist families during this pandemic. Their compassionate understanding of families’ needs was unbelievable.” – Dean Wetzler
- “Holt Family Funeral Home of Canon City, Colorado, is amazing. They take pride in their work in dealing with grieving families. They are simply so caring and down to earth.” – Lisa Pascoe
- “Sunset Funeral Home of Champaign, Illinois, tirelessly served more than triple the typical amount of families due to COVID-related deaths, even while enduring pandemic-related tragedies in their own lives. Even with the stringent restrictions placed on funeral homes, they found creative ways to conduct services that made each family feel unique and cared for during a very hard time for all.” – Yaunah Hairston
- “Vaughn Funeral Home of Spring City, Tennessee, has been working hard all year and serving the public with no hesitancy towards COVID-19, being there for families when they need them most. Giving students the opportunity to learn and grow and supporting anyone and everyone who walks through their doors.” – Samantha Taranek
Physicians Mutual extends their heartfelt gratitude to everyone who took the time to nominate a funeral home.
“It’s wonderful to see folks in the funeral profession come together to recognize and honor the efforts of their colleagues. We feel honored to play any small part in brightening someone’s day – we wish we could do that for everyone in the profession,” said Brice Ballard, vice president of preneed at Physicians Mutual. “We’ll certainly be on the lookout for more giving opportunities like this in the future.”
ABOUT PHYSICIANS MUTUAL
Physicians Mutual Insurance Company and Physicians Life Insurance Company are members of the Physicians Mutual family. Physicians Mutual Insurance Company offers reliable Medicare Supplement, dental and supplemental health insurance. Physicians Life Insurance Company provides important life insurance coverage and annuities. The company additionally offers funeral pre-planning to help meet the growing needs of funeral home owners and the families they serve. The companies have more than $4 billion in assets and consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings. Founded in 1902, Physicians Mutual® is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. To learn more about the company, please visit PhysiciansMutual.com.