BIRTHDAY BURGERS | Friday Funeral Fast Wrap #13
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KING!
Am I talking about Elvis? Nope. Maybe LeBron? Ha, once again – nope. Of course, I’m talking about the King of England, right? Nah, I don’t even know what he looks like. Do they even have a king right now? Who knows! Actually, today is Burger King’s birthday. On this day in 1954, the original Burger King opened up in California. As death-care professionals, you should be thankful not only do they provide amazing fast-food for low prices, but said food has probably created a lot of business for you. Ah, gotta love that ambulance chaser humor. Anyway, to kick off the day, here are three fun facts about BK that you may not have known.
- They have a gold card. That’s right, some celebrities never have to pay for Burger King again. With a swipe of this card, you can buy all the Whoppers you want.
- There are over 12,000 locations, and 12,000 of anything is a lot.
- They’ve discontinued their best item. In my opinion, Cini Minis are the pinnacle of culinary development. I grew up eating these at least once a week. They were small bite-sized cinnamon rolls that you would dip into a pack of frosting. Why don’t they offer this anymore? No clue, but it is proof that evil exists in the world.
THE WORST MARKETING IDEA EVER
Last week, this amazing story dropped on CD. I’m not going to go into the whole story, because Patricia did a better job at that than I ever could. She’s a really good journalistic writer, I just want to make lists and GIFs. But part of the article talked about a funeral home that embalmed a dapper looking dude and put him on public display for an elongated amount of time to show off how good their skills were.
PLEASE, don’t take inspiration from this. That may be the most terrifying marketing effort in the history of history. But… it seems like it worked. So, that got me thinking about other terrible ideas that just might work. Here’s what I came up with:
- Offering funeral roasts as a life celebration. Some families show their affection by making fun of each other. So, why not offer a service in a Jeff Ross style roast format. The key is, to set the mood, you as the funeral professional need to kick it off with your gripes against the family that developed through the planning process. What could go wrong?
- Enter your hearse into the local crash derby. Yeah, you’ll probably ruin an expensive vehicle, but the publicity would be fantastic.
- Create a diss-track against your competition. I’ve been around this profession enough to know that behind closed doors, some mad trash is talked about the other local funeral chapel. So, if you’re gonna be a hater, be public about it. Here are some bars to strike inspiration.
“Hey *insert competition name* you say you have a great service, what a grave lie. You couldn’t have a good service without ripping off mine.”
First two I think could end poorly, but please, someone create a funeral home beef and spit some rhymes. The world needs it.
CRUSH SOCIAL MEDIA AS A FUNERAL HOME
Funeral homes and any death-care business NEED a good social media presence. This isn’t always as easy as it seems. BUT… if you’re looking for an easy way to get some likes on your page, we have you covered!
Top 3 Things that are social media gold.
1) Babies. People love babies. They’re chunky, they’re small, and they just randomly stare at people a lot. That being said, if you see a picture of a baby on social media and you DON’T engage with it – you actually are a bad person. Like no joke. Well, kind of no joke.
2) Puppies. These are like babies with more fur and less questioning about its parents being “ready yet.” I like puppies, you like puppies, and we all like to LIKE puppies on social media.
3) Puppies and Babies. That’s right; it’s not rocket science. Babies do good, puppies do good, you combine them, and you get something simply amazing! This is like french fries dipped in a Wendy’s Frosty; it’s simply a combo that is almost too good to be true!
Now, these three types of content are fantastic, but if you want a social media strategy that REALLY works for you and your funeral home – you need to do a little more than that. You need DISRUPT Media.
DISRUPT Media understands that creative/digital marketing can seem complicated and can be confusing. They take care of all the stressful stuff and make social media simple for you. With years of experience and proven strategies, they know how to use social media to gain leads, build awareness, and grow your business!
Click here to learn more!
Watch this whole GIF for a satisfying ending!
WANT AN AD IN FFFW LIKE THIS? JUST SHOOT RYAN AN EMAIL AT RYAN@DISRUPTMEDIA.CO WE’LL WRITE UP AN ARTICLE AND MAKE A CUSTOM GIF!
A MYSTERY CHRISTMAS GIF(T) FOR YOU
There are only 22 days until Christmas, with only two Fridays between now and the big day. And fun fact, I have a terrible time waiting until Christmas to give out my gifts. So, to hold you over, here’s an amazing GIF I found to help your weekend on a good note.
YOU OTTER BE PROUD
This is our weekly segment where we highlight some amazing things that are going on inside this profession. We get a lot of bad press, so we’re going to highlight the good and continue to keep our chins up!
1) Funeral Homes Offer Free Transportation on Election Day
There ya go!
Enjoy this week! Only 2 more Fridays before Christmas!