Passages International and CANA Announce Program for First Ever Green Funeral Conference in Albuquerque, NM
After months of planning, Passages International and the Cremation Association of North America (CANA) have announced the first ever Green Funeral Conference for industry professionals taking place on October 2nd through October 4th in Albuquerque, NM. This conference comes at a time when the demand for natural and non-traditional funeral options is at an all-time high, and continually rising.
As a death care professional, you know it is essential to be prepared to meet family needs and provide expert guidance. Consumers want their funerals to reflect their lives, and increasingly that includes incorporating eco-friendly practices. Though there are widely varying definitions of “green,” the requests for greener funeral options will continue to increase, and we will explore the different ways to answer those requests at the conference.
Not sure how to serve families who want a greener option? Or do you already offer these options but want to network and gain ideas for promoting them within your community? This interactive conference will include a variety of topics and experiences:
- Discussion of the continuum of green funeral practices in place and in development
- Advice from practitioners on the practices they have in place to meet their community’s needs
- Information on marketing, sales, legal and cultural trends driving demand for green practices
- Demonstration of shrouding and discussion of green burial practices
- Exploration of cleaner cremation and communicating the impact of cremation on the environment
- Insights into the publics changing demands and how to answer them.
So head to Albuquerque to learn from experts including
- Ed Bixby (Green Burial Council)
- Linda Canyon and Donal Key (Natural Burial New Mexico)
- Gracie Griffin (Bellefontaine Cemetery and Arboretum)
- Esmerelda Kent (KINKARACO ® Green Funeral Products)
- Luis Llorens (US Cremation Equipment)
- Tanya Marsh (Wake Forest Law),
- Nicki Mikolai (Resomation)
- Gail Rubin (Doyenne of Death®)
- Paul Seyler (Matthews Environmental)
- Sam Sieber (Bio-Response)
- Glenda Stansbury (InSight Institute)
Then, join Darren Crouch on a tour of the new Passages International facility to learn more about eco-friendly caskets and urns, and how to effectively market and merchandize them.
See the full schedule and register on the CANA website (goCANA.org/gfc2019).
Passages International, Inc. has been leading the green sector of the funeral industry for 20 years, with the largest selection of innovative, environmentally-friendly urns, caskets, and memorial products. For more information on green funerals and their benefits visit www.aGreenerFuneral.org. For more information on Passages products visit www.PassagesInternational.com.
Founded in 1913, the Cremation Association of North America (CANA) is an international organization of over 3,300 members, composed of funeral homes, cemeteries, crematories, industry suppliers, and consultants. CANA members believe that cremation is preparation for memorialization. For more information about CANA, visit www.CremationAssociation.org.