The 11 Worst and Best Things To Say To Someone In Grief
These lists were compiled by Caleb Wilde and originally posted of the Confessions Of A Funeral Director Facebook Page.
Read the lists below and share in the comments things you think should be added to these lists:
The Worst Things to Say to Someone in Grief
1. At least she lived a long life, many people die young
3. She brought this on herself
4. Edward Cullen does not exist and even if he did, he wouldn’t bite your loved one
5. There is a reason for everything
6. Aren’t you over him yet, he has been dead for awhile now
7. You can have another child still
8. She was such a good person God wanted her to be with him
9. I know how you feel
10. She did what she came here to do and it was her time to go
11. Be strong
The Best Things to Say to Someone in Grief
1. I am so sorry for your loss.
2. I wish I had the right words, just know I care.
3. I don’t know how you feel, but I am here to help in anyway I can.
4. You and your loved one will be in my thoughts and prayers.
5. I have a ton of bacon in my car with your name on it.
6. My favorite memory of your loved one is…
7. I am always just a phone call away
8. Give a hug instead of saying something
9. We all need help at times like this, I am here for you
10. I am usually up early or late, if you need anything
11. Saying nothing, just be with the person
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038 - February 5, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding Achievement - February 5, 2018
- NFDA Introduces the 2018 Meet the Mentors Program Participants - January 30, 2018
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!