Batesville Celebrates 30 Years of Providing Cremation Options® with the Introduction of NewPointe® Urns and Keepsakes
BATESVILLE. Ind., November 17, 2023 – Batesville, a leading partner to licensed funeral professionals for more than a century, is marking its thirtieth anniversary of delivering comprehensive cremation solutions by establishing a new line of NewPointe® cremation urns and keepsakes, providing additional choices and more affordable options for today’s value-conscious families. The expansion includes a combination of full-size and keepsake urns and scattering tubes in a variety of materials – brass, aluminum, wood, and stone – suitable for all types of final placement.
“The new urn collection reflects the same quality, value and everyday low prices that funeral directors appreciate, and nearly two million grieving families have experienced when choosing NewPointe products,” stated Jenn Parvin, SVP and Chief Marketing Officer for Batesville.
A staple in Batesville’s burial portfolio for more than 15 years, the NewPointe brand combines industry-standard, best-selling designs with non-proprietary features to address the need for high-quality, low-cost products. As consumer needs have shifted, NewPointe has matured into a broader collection with more than 70 unique models in 20-gauge and 18-gauge metals, as well as select hardwoods, with a variety of interior fabrics and basic personalization features.
The company launched NewPointe cremation containers in 2022 and is now rounding out the collection with the addition of more than 20 urns and keepsakes that have been hand-selected to fit into any assortment in any geography. The initial collection includes a combination of new products and top sellers from the Batesville line.
- Brass & Alloy Urns: The Starlight Pearl, Nebula Royal Plum and Atlas collections, inspired by family-favorite designs and colors.
- Aluminum Urns: The Tempest, Comet and Ellipse, lightweight aluminum urns in five popular colors and appealing designs.
- Scattering Tubes: The Vista Reflections, Botanical Reflections, Mountain View, Ocean Sunset, and Patriot scattering tubes – a mix of exclusive artistic designs and trusted favorites.
- Cultured Marble Urns: The Stone-Tone Catalina, a popular Batesville design, joins the NewPointe collection with a new everyday low price.
- Wood Urns: The Minimum Oak, Stratton and Hartley, long-time Batesville favorites, are also joining the NewPointe line.
- Eclipse Urn Vault – Made of recycled plastic, the Eclipse is a budget-friendly basic urn.
Product stocking is underway and should be complete by mid-December. Funeral directors can place orders (and pre-orders) through Batesville Connect® or by contacting Customer Service at 800.622.8373.
More cremation choices than ever
Batesville has been a trusted resource for cremation offerings since the company launched its Options® by Batesville business in 1993. A dedicated focus on cremation helped pave the way for funeral professionals with an assortment of innovative products, profit-enhancing merchandising systems, value-added research, and training.
The NewPointe expansion is part of a major investment Batesville is making in cremation. The company just announced its biggest new product launch in more than a decade and has even more products coming in the new year. Every family is unique, and Batesville has an expansive assortment of urns, containers, keepsakes, dual disposition and rental caskets, personalization options, and other products – with more choices than ever.
Empowering families’ choices
While there is an almost unlimited range of product and service options available to memorialize a loved one, families still come into the arrangement process with limited knowledge and understanding of the products and services available to them.
“We have seen tremendous progress on the product and service side, but the need for education and information to help empower families’ choices remains a priority, and Batesville is committed to closing that gap,” said Parvin.
The company offers a variety of free tools and helpful resources to educate funeral home staff and families about cremation products and services, including:
- Cremation Handbook – A new handbook with educational information on Batesville and NewPointe-branded cremation products, including caskets and containers, urns, keepsakes, and personalization options – designed for funeral professionals.
- Fall 2023 Cremation Options catalog – Redesigned and updated with more than 50 new cremation products, this catalog presents the complete portfolio of urns, keepsakes, remembrance jewelry, and personalization offerings to help guide families in their decisions.
- Cremation Tributes Guide – A custom guide that can be tailored with the funeral home name, logo and retail pricing to educate families about their cremation options, while improving funeral home profitability.
Batesville customers can view and download digital copies of the Cremation Handbook and the Fall 2023 Cremation Options catalog on Batesville Connect. For printed copies or to create a custom Cremation Tributes Guide, contact your Batesville sales representative.
All Batesville and NewPointe caskets, rental caskets, containers, and full-size urns are eligible for the company’s Living Memorial® tree planting program. Available at no charge to funeral homes or families, funeral directors can submit a request for a memorial tree planting on Batesville Connect or by returning a postcard to Batesville.
ABOUT BATESVILLE SERVICES, LLC
Batesville (www.Batesville.com) is a recognized leader in the death care industry in North America, offering a comprehensive portfolio of burial and cremation products, memorialization options and innovative technology solutions. For more than 125 years, Batesville has supported licensed funeral professionals in helping families honor the lives of those they love.® A history of manufacturing excellence, product innovation, superior customer service, and reliable delivery helped Batesville become – and remain – a market leader.