We Resolve to Watch GIFs | FFFW #18
WELCOME TO 2021!
We just lived through the first week of 2021! So far, it’s still as crazy as 2020 was! But don’t worry, regardless of what happens through the rest of the week, the FFFW is committed to bringing you five minutes of gif-filled funeral fun. Here we go!
We love to make them, and we love to break them. For many people our yearly resolutions have become a joke associated with laziness and false motivation. But this week, CD posted a few that might be worth checking out for you funeral professionals. Check it out here!
And here are a few more that I would add.
- Push that hearse to the limit. Deck it out, make some mods, then throw your accelerator through the floorboard and see how fast that baby flies.
- See what type of outfits you can get away with. Start changing from your daily drip, one article at a time, and eventually show up in an 80’s NBA uniform. What could go wrong?
- Start saying one vowel-sound different. Start subtle and end up with a full-blown British accent by the end of the year. Your community will love it!
BIG NEWS FROM THE CAPITAL
Wait, has there been big news coming from Washington DC lately? You bet, but today we’re focusing on some good news that comes directly from the funeral profession.
Here’s a clip from our CD article that explains it pretty well
“After years of support from funeral service, thousands of phone calls and emails from funeral directors, and hundreds of Congressional meetings during the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) Advocacy Summit, today President Donald Trump signed the BRAVE Act into law, assuring equitable funeral and burial benefits for veterans.”
You can read the whole thing here! But, there’s not much to add, we just want to say congrats to the NFDA for this monumental accomplishment!
CRUSH SOCIAL MEDIA AS A FUNERAL HOME
Funeral homes and any death-care business NEED a good social media presence. This isn’t always as easy as it seems. BUT… if you’re looking for an easy way to get some likes on your page, we have you covered!
Top 3 Things that are social media gold.
1) Babies. People love babies. They’re chunky, they’re small, and they just randomly stare at people a lot. That being said, if you see a picture of a baby on social media and you DON’T engage with it – you actually are a bad person. Like no joke. Well, kind of no joke.
2) Puppies. These are like babies with more fur and less questioning about its parents being “ready yet.” I like puppies, you like puppies, and we all like to LIKE puppies on social media.
3) Puppies and Babies. That’s right; it’s not rocket science. Babies do good, puppies do good, you combine them, and you get something simply amazing! This is like french fries dipped in a Wendy’s Frosty; it’s simply a combo that is almost too good to be true!
Now, these three types of content are fantastic, but if you want a social media strategy that REALLY works for you and your funeral home – you need to do a little more than that. You need DISRUPT Media.
DISRUPT Media understands that creative/digital marketing can seem complicated and can be confusing. They take care of all the stressful stuff and make social media simple for you. With years of experience and proven strategies, they know how to use social media to gain leads, build awareness, and grow your business!
Click here to learn more!
Watch this whole GIF for a satisfying ending!
WANT AN AD IN FFFW LIKE THIS? JUST SHOOT RYAN AN EMAIL AT RYAN@DISRUPTMEDIA.CO WE’LL WRITE UP AN ARTICLE AND MAKE A CUSTOM GIF!
YOU OTTER BE PROUD
Let’s be honest, our profession gets a lot of negative press, so we’ve searched the internet to find stories of funeral things getting respect and doing great things!
- Funeral Homes Find New Ways to Help Families
- South Dakota Funeral Homes Adapt
- Old Pet Cemetery Will Remain Intact
Thank you for reading The Friday Funeral Fast Wrap! Have any ideas or hot-tips? Send those our way!