ICCFA PARTNERS WITH ONE ROOM TO OFFER LIVESTREAMING VIDEO FROM ITS ANNUAL CONVENTION
The International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is partnering with One Room Funeral Webcasting to offer livestreaming from the ICCFA 2016 Convention & Exposition, April 13-16 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Videos of all keynote speakers and one room of breakout sessions per day will be offered. The schedule and pricing is as follows:
Thursday, April 14 ($50)
- 8-9:30 a.m.: ICCFA Annual Meeting of Members
- 9:30-10:30 a.m.: Keynote speaker John Besh
- 10:30-11:45 a.m.: Keynote speaker Ken Blanchard
Friday, April 15 ($100)
- 8:30 a.m.: ICCFA Annual Memorial Service
- 8:40 a.m.: 2nd Annual PLPA Memorial Service
- 8:50 a.m.: 15th Annual KIP Awards Presentation
- 9-10 a.m.: Keynote speaker Jeannine English
- 10-11 a.m.: Keynote speaker Ryan Estis
- 2-2:50 p.m.: “Cremation Headaches: How to Handle the Day to Day Issues,” Poul Lemasters
- 3-3:50 p.m.: “Cremation Statistics: Turning Trends Into Action,” Mark Matthews
- 4-4:50 p.m.: “Bringing Leads Into Your Sales Pipeline,” Dale Filhaber
Saturday, April 16 ($100)
- 9-9:50 a.m.: “Stay Relevant: Giving Families What They Want,” Heather Garman and Tracy Fetters
- 10-10:50 a.m.: “Inconvenient Truths About Funeral & Cemetery Marketing,” Dan Katz
- 11-11:50 a.m.: “How to Become ‘Mayor’ of Your Town Without the Politics,” Eric Fithyan
- Noon-12:50 p.m.: “Growing Your Preneed Business,” Quinn Eagan
You may sign up for all three days at a reduced rate of $225. Registration available at https://www.iccfa.com/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=150. Recordings of these sessions will be available after the live-stream is done. No continuing education credit is offered with these videos.The association hopes this will serve as an affordable alternative for members not joining the festivities in New Orleans.
“We’re glad to offer this service to our members who may not be able to attend the convention, but do want to learn and see what’s going on at their association’s convention,” said Darin Drabing, ICCFA president. “You certainly don’t get the full convention experience over livestream, but it’s the next best thing to being there.”
This aligns with One Room’s philosophy of connecting people to important moments.
“Funerals are brief but very important occasions. One Room’s managed webcasting service makes it simple for funeral directors to ensure that no one ever misses a funeral,” said Callum Winsor, director of North American operations. “One Room is honoured to take responsibility for this service and focus on nothing else but delivering the best experience possible for the funeral director, their clients and the online guests at their place and in their time.”
Founded in 1887, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is the only international trade association representing all segments of the cemetery, cremation, funeral and memorialization profession. Its membership is composed of more than 9,100 rooftop locations and 20,000 professionals in the cemetery, funeral home and crematory industries, as well as supplier and related businesses worldwide.