The National Funeral Directors Association Recognizes Tukios with the 2016 NFDA Innovation Award
The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) presented Tukios with the 2016 NFDA Innovation Award during the association’s International Convention & Expo, which is being held October 23-26 in Philadelphia, Penn. The company was recognized for its product custom tribute video themes.
Most tribute video programs offer a limited number of video templates, limiting a family’s creativity. Tukios’ is the only memorial video software offering custom theme functionality. This offers funeral directors that are using Tukios the ability to not only set themselves apart from their competition, but also allows them to provide a level of personalization unique to each family.
Established in 2009, the NFDA Innovation Award recognizes and promotes creativity, innovation and excellence among funeral service suppliers and vendors.
Earlier this year, funeral service vendors and suppliers had an opportunity to submit a product or service that became commercially available after January 1, 2015, for consideration in the 2016 NFDA Innovation Award competition. A distinguished panel of funeral directors evaluated the 26 entries and selected six finalists.
The other finalists for the NFDA Innovation Award were: the Obelisk Ossuarium by Eickhof Columbaria Inc.; the Tribute eGuest Digital Guestbook by Frazer Consultants; MemorialFX Live by FrontRunner; the myHomesteaders Mobile App by Homesteaders Life Company; and The Bridgewater by Sauder Funeral Products.
For more information about Tukios’ custom tribute video themes and other products and services entered in the 2015 NFDA Innovation Award competition, visit nfda.org/voteinnovation.
NFDA thanks its 2016 International Convention & Expo sponsors:
- Black Diamond: Requiem App
- Platinum: FCA US LLC, Federated Insurance, NGL Insurance Group
- Gold: Bass-Mollett Publishers, Batesville, Frazer Consultants, Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions, Messenger, Microsoft
- Silver: ASD – Answering Service for Directors, Carriage Services, Homesteaders Life Company, Implant Recycling, Live Oak Bank, Madelyn Company, Nomis Publications Inc., funeralOne, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company
- Bronze: ClearPoint Federal Bank & Trust, Commonwealth Institute of Funeral Service, Doric Products Inc., Global Atlantic Financial Group, Hunter Warfield, Kelco Supply Company, LoveUrns LLC, Sich Casket Company, Wilbert, Wuxi ANA
NFDA is the world’s leading and largest funeral service association, serving 19,700 individual members who represent more than 10,000 funeral homes in the United States and 49 countries around the world. NFDA is the trusted leader, beacon for ethics and the strongest advocate for the profession. NFDA is the association of choice because it offers funeral professionals comprehensive educational resources, tools to manage successful businesses, guidance to become pillars in their communities and the expertise to foster future generations of funeral professionals. NFDA is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis., and has an office in Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.nfda.org.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Free Live Webinar: How Will The 2018 Tax Laws Affect Your Funeral Home? - January 15, 2018
- Five EASY Tips For Your 2018 Marketing and a FREE ___!!! | DISRUPTu! 035 - January 15, 2018
- How to Keep Families Engaged on your Website - January 15, 2018
You may be interested
FBI Investigates Funeral Home Running “Remains Dealing” Side-BusinessJustin Crowe - January 15, 2018
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is checking into Sunset Mesa Funeral Home in Montrose, CO, where owner Megan Hess is…
MAJOR Facebook News Feed Changes and What They Mean For Your Deathcare BusinessRyan Thogmartin - January 15, 2018
Last week, Facebook made an announcement about MAJOR changes coming to the news feed algorithm. Watch this Facebook Live to learn how…
Free Live Webinar: How Will The 2018 Tax Laws Affect Your Funeral Home?CDFuneralNews - January 15, 2018
It’s a new year however a revision of the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act” (“TC&JA”) was signed into law December…