NFDA Offers New Look and Updates to “The History of American Funeral Directing”
Brookfield, Wis. – This month, the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) will release the eighth edition of “The History of American Funeral Directing” by Robert Habenstein and William Lamers.
“This book is a landmark text in funeral service, particularly for students in funeral service education programs,” said NFDA’s Vice President of Professional Development Colleen Murphy Klein. “We’re pleased to help students and experienced funeral directors understand and appreciate the remarkable history of funeral service.”
This richly illustrated 387-page book offers a comprehensive look at the history of funeral service in the United States. The new edition includes:
- Updated chapters: “Institutional Growth and Modern Associational Developments” and “The Panorama of Modern Funeral Practice”
- Up-to-date industry statistics using the latest research and data from sources such as the U.S. Census Bureau, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Board of Funeral Service Education
- An updated “Future – Overview” section using the most recent data projections
The cost of the eighth edition of “The History of American Funeral Directing” is $65 (ISBN# 978-0-615-98940-2). The book can be purchased online through the NFDA Resource Store, www.nfda.org/resources (NFDA product code BK505), or by calling the association at 800-228-6332.
NFDA is the world’s leading and largest funeral service association, serving 19,700 individual members who represent more than 10,000 funeral homes in the United States and 39 countries around the world. NFDA is the trusted leader, beacon for ethics and the strongest advocate for the profession. NFDA is the association of choice because it offers funeral professionals comprehensive educational resources, tools to manage successful businesses, guidance to become pillars in their communities and the expertise to foster future generations of funeral professionals. NFDA is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis., and has an office in Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.nfda.org.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Mean Internet Comments – Funeral Edition - June 20, 2018
- RELEASE THE FN CRAKN! | FUNERAL nation 114 - June 18, 2018
- FrontRunner Professional Announces Expansion of Development Team - June 18, 2018
You may be interested
Mean Internet Comments – Funeral EditionCDFuneralNews - June 20, 2018
We shine a light on some of the harsh words posted on social media towards DISRUPT Media's CEO, Ryan Thogmartin.…
FTC Releases Results of Undercover Funeral Rule Investigation… 4 Regions BombedJustin Crowe - June 18, 2018
The FTC has released its report detailing the results of its undercover Funeral Rule investigation for 2017. Last year, the…