You Know You’re a Funeral Director When…
Article from Krystal Penrose, FuneralOne
You know you’re a funeral director when… you’re more interested in memorizing the features of your mid-range casket than any expensive car.
Read 19 more hilarious ways to tell if you’re a funeral director:
1. You’re either in funeral service because it’s your passion…
2. Or because it’s in the family business.
3. But no matter how you got here, funeral service is your calling and you wouldn’t have it any other way.
4. Which means you probably already know that being a funeral director won’t make you rich (and you’re OK with it).
5. Your work day usually starts with a 3am removal call.
6. But that’s OK, because it won’t take you long to decide what to wear since you wear a suit, rain or shine.
7. Once you get to work, you remember how much you love bringing family and friends together to talk about their loved one’s life.
8. Why? Because no one can put on a “Celebration of Life” better than you can. Period.
9. Which is why you smiled the first time you heard that the “Boomers are coming”!
10. Yet the second someone says “direct cremation”, the fun is all over.
11. But you guess cremation is better than when a burial family insists that you “MAKE THIS FIT, AND DON’T YOU DARE CUT DOWN THE BACK”.
12. You’ll pull it off though. In fact, you’ve become pretty accustomed to saving the day, both at work and at home.
13. Yep. You’re a modern day hero. That’s why every priest, minister and clergymen in your town knows your name.
14. You’re more interested in memorizing the features of your mid-range casket than any expensive car.
15. And if you hear the sound of “Amazing Grace” on bagpipes one more time, you swear you’ll go crazy.
16. You know there is NO such thing as making a mistake in this business.
17. After a long day in the prep room, your family often smells you before they see you.
18. Speaking of home… the boundary between your personal life and work life? Yea… that doesn’t exist.
19. When you do finally get a vacation, you’re usually the first one in bed.
20. But none of that stuff matters. Because when a family tells you “you’ve made this so much easier for us”, it is the greatest compliment of all. It’s why you do what do you do.
When did YOU know funeral service was your calling!? Tell us in the comments below!
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038 - February 5, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding Achievement - February 5, 2018
- NFDA Introduces the 2018 Meet the Mentors Program Participants - January 30, 2018
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!