Checklist: How To Evaluate Your Funeral Home Facebook Page
Guest article provided by: DISRUPT Media
Do you ever wondered if what you’re doing on Funeral Home Facebook Page is right or not? Here’s a simple 12 step checklist to evaluate your Funeral Home Facebook Page and see if you’re on the right track. We also included a form below, fill it out and we will email you back a grade (0-100) and a few suggestions to make your Funeral Home Facebook Page better.
Facebook Page Checklist:
- “About” section: is your website URL the first thing listed? A full (http://) URL in this section is linkable.
- Additional “About” section: Are you providing links to your company’s other social channels, like your Twitter account and blog? Make sure to again use the full (http://) URL as they will be active and link to your other social channels giving you a better opportunity to expand your marketing reach.
- Cover photo: is it well-designed and does it meet Facebook’s Guidelines?
- Cover photo description: when someone clicks on your cover photo, do you have a photo description with information, a call to action, or links? (Example: http://www.facebook.com/disruptmg)
- Profile photo: does it clearly reflect your brand? This should be a logo or your funeral home name. Your profile image is what appears next to every post or action on Facebook.
- App thumbnails: are the three most important apps featured as “favorite” apps, and do the app thumbnails include a call to action or have a promising label?
- “Talking about this number”: Divide your “Talking about this number” by your Page’s total number of Likes. This will calculate your Page’s engagement from the past seven days. Average Page engagement is two percent. If you’re below two percent, your content strategy needs to be adjusted.
- Content strategy:
- What type of content is your funeral home sharing?
- Are you using a photo or another type of media to accompany each status update?
- Are you sharing valuable, relevant information with your fans? Are your fans engaging?
- Are you implementing the 80/20 rule? (80% engaging content
- Does your content speak directly to your target audience?
- Exclusive content: What are you offering your Facebook fans that they can’t get anywhere else? A free eBook? Exclusive industry advice and tips? Frequently updated entertaining content?
- Commenting: Are you engaging back with your Facebook fans? You should be Liking their comments and responding to all their questions.
- Industry opportunities: What opportunities does the funeral profession present; meaning, what type of funeral-relevant content should you share on your Facebook Page? For an example, we evaluated James A. Dyal Funeral Home Facebook Page to see what opportunities they have as funeral home on Facebook. Look what your competitors are doing and where they are not meeting the needs of the consumer.
- Obituaries: Are you posting obituaries? This is a great way to drive traffic back to your funeral home website, but they should NOT be the only content your funeral home is posting.
- Bonus Tip: Grief and Inspirational images get great engagement from fans, but make sure that is not all you are posting. You need to have a balanced content stream of links, photos and text posts.
Go to http://funeralsocial.com to find out more about the services we offer. Our clients who are apart of our FUNERAL Social Design Process are seeing an increase in post reach and engagement of over 300%.
Latest posts by DISRUPT Media (see all)
- IT WON’T WORK UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY TRY IT | DISRUPTu! 030 - September 5, 2017
- FrontRunner Professional Advances Executive Team - August 29, 2017
- Spring 2017 Facebook Video Bundle - March 14, 2017
You may be interested
Homesteaders: A Deep Dive | FUNERAL hustle 012CDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Ryan heads to Homesteaders Life Company HQ to discuss their future partnership with Homesteaders and why and how this partnership…
FrontRunner Professional Announces Ultimate ‘DIY’ Funeral Home Website PlatformCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
Today FrontRunner Professional announced the release of it’s brand new website platform, marking a major change for the entire death…
Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions Shares Integration UpdateCDFuneralNews - September 14, 2017
PITTSBURGH, PA -- Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions today announced an update of key activities for its ongoing integration of Aurora…