Guinness World Record Attempt: Largest Parade of Hearses
Join us in Hell, Michigan, Saturday, September 17, 2011 as we attempt to set a new Guinness World Recordô for the Largest Parade of Hearses! The attempt will be made at approximately 4:30 pm, immediately following the 10th Annual Last Rides Reunion Hearse Show hosted by Just Hearse’N Around and Screams Ice Cream from Hell.
We’ve improved our registration process this year. All hearses will be automatically registered for the World Record attempt when registering for the Hearse show, so the parade will step off immediately following the presentation of the trophies.
Help spread the word! Any and all hearse owners are welcome and encouraged to join us. If we are successful in setting a record, anyone who takes part can order a duplicate of the original standard certificate issued by the Guinness Book of World Recordsô for £10.00 (plus postage and handling from the UK). You may also order a personalized certificate to include your name, vehicle and/or club information for £15.00 (plus postage and handling).
Some of the key rules:
- We need a minimum number of 50 Hearses in order to establish a record. (This is a new category for the Guinness Book of World Records)
- All vehicles must be capable of carrying a coffin and must be, or have been, in actual service as a hearse. It is not acceptable to use ordinary estate cars or other vehicles that have merely been painted or decorated to look like hearses.
- All vehicles must be moving (it is not acceptable to merely park them in a row) a minimum distance of 2 miles. Our route will be from Screams Ice Cream to the intersection of Darwin Rd & Dexter-Pinckney Rd (2.6 miles) (see map below).
- To participate, you must be registered at the event, no later than 4:00 pm.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Funeral Cribs Episode 5 – Sunset Memorial Park, Alabama - January 18, 2018
- 5 Ways to Build Your Business - January 16, 2018
- Free Live Webinar: How Will The 2018 Tax Laws Affect Your Funeral Home? - January 15, 2018
You may be interested
Funeral Cribs Episode 5 – Sunset Memorial Park, AlabamaCDFuneralNews - January 18, 2018
The Sunset Memorial Park Funeral Home has had one major goal in mind from the time it started until now,…
Blog Archives Decedent’s Final Tweets… And They are HeartbreakingJustin Crowe - January 16, 2018
The digital age has created some fascinating unprecedented scenarios concerning legacy. Facebook chronicles our lives, so when my kids are…