Guinness World Record Attempt: Largest Parade of Hearses
Join us in Hell, Michigan, Saturday, September 17, 2011 as we attempt to set a new Guinness World Recordô for the Largest Parade of Hearses! The attempt will be made at approximately 4:30 pm, immediately following the 10th Annual Last Rides Reunion Hearse Show hosted by Just Hearse’N Around and Screams Ice Cream from Hell.
We’ve improved our registration process this year. All hearses will be automatically registered for the World Record attempt when registering for the Hearse show, so the parade will step off immediately following the presentation of the trophies.
Help spread the word! Any and all hearse owners are welcome and encouraged to join us. If we are successful in setting a record, anyone who takes part can order a duplicate of the original standard certificate issued by the Guinness Book of World Recordsô for £10.00 (plus postage and handling from the UK). You may also order a personalized certificate to include your name, vehicle and/or club information for £15.00 (plus postage and handling).
Some of the key rules:
- We need a minimum number of 50 Hearses in order to establish a record. (This is a new category for the Guinness Book of World Records)
- All vehicles must be capable of carrying a coffin and must be, or have been, in actual service as a hearse. It is not acceptable to use ordinary estate cars or other vehicles that have merely been painted or decorated to look like hearses.
- All vehicles must be moving (it is not acceptable to merely park them in a row) a minimum distance of 2 miles. Our route will be from Screams Ice Cream to the intersection of Darwin Rd & Dexter-Pinckney Rd (2.6 miles) (see map below).
- To participate, you must be registered at the event, no later than 4:00 pm.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Studio Nienke Hoogvliet Designs Cremation Urn Using Plastic Derived From Wastewater - December 14, 2017
- ICCFA, Wilbert and Pierce Mortuary Colleges Partner to Offer Live Streaming Cremation Training - December 14, 2017
- American Funeral Director Honors ‘Funeral Director of the Year’ - December 14, 2017
You may be interested
Studio Nienke Hoogvliet Designs Cremation Urn Using Plastic Derived From WastewaterCDFuneralNews - December 14, 2017
Originally Published on Dezeen Studio Nienke Hoogvliet has harnessed a method of transforming wastewater into bioplastic, and used it to create a sustainable cremation…
ICCFA, Wilbert and Pierce Mortuary Colleges Partner to Offer Live Streaming Cremation TrainingCDFuneralNews - December 14, 2017
STERLING, VA – The International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association has partnered with Wilbert and Pierce Mortuary Colleges to bring…
American Funeral Director Honors ‘Funeral Director of the Year’CDFuneralNews - December 14, 2017
WALL, N.J. — Danny Jefferson, location manager at Pierce Jefferson Funeral & Cremation Services in Kernersville, North Carolina, has been…