Tweeting for your Funeral Organization? – The First Steps
Have you contemplated implementing social media marketing for your funeral organization and don’t know where to begin? The funeralOne social media team has a few helpful tips to help you get started!
The First Steps to Tweeting Success
1) Create an account and immediately start using Twitter search to start listening for your name, your competitor’s names, and other funeral related words and phrases. This can give you great insight in your market.
2) Be sure to add a picture, people want to see you (or your company logo 🙂 ).
3) Add where you are located your funeral organization’s link in your bio…If people don’t know how to get a hold of you, you will not get their business.
4) Add relevant people to follow. This could be simply people living in your community who might be prospective client families, previous client families, local thought leaders, or those actively involved in community organizations.
5) Join the conversation! It’s great to promote your products and services, but also, don’t forget to talk people about their interests too. Upbringing quotes on memories and the loss of loved ones and tips on dealing with a loss are a great way to relate to your target audience without veering too far off track.
6) Share links to events your funeral organization is sponsoring. Another great way to connect with your community is to also share links of neat community happenings.
7) Don’t get stuck in the apology loop if others have complaints about your organization. Be helpful instead! Social media is a great way to enhance client family support, build relationships, and trust.
8) It’s also a good idea to throw some “real” people from your organization on Twitter too, they can carry their established relationships with community members on to the web!
9) Twitter is a great way to provide listings of funeral services and viewings to the community (make sure to link to your website for detailed information and driving directions).
10) Help support your client families by providing the community with links to their loved ones’ obituary and tribute on your website.
Good luck and happy Tweeting!
To learn more about how funeralOne can help your social media strategy visit: www.funeralone.com/social.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- 2017 Homesteaders Heroes Program Honors Outstanding Employees - December 7, 2017
- CANA’S 2018 Cremation Symposium Connecting the Dots - December 7, 2017
- LEVERAGING VIDEO TO BOOST FACEBOOK ENGAGEMENT | DISRUPTu! 032 - December 6, 2017
You may be interested
2017 Homesteaders Heroes Program Honors Outstanding EmployeesCDFuneralNews - December 7, 2017
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, the national leader in prearranged funeral funding, has announced the recipients of its…
CANA’S 2018 Cremation Symposium Connecting the DotsCDFuneralNews - December 7, 2017
WHEELING, IL— Connecting the Dots is all about learning strategies for connecting consumer surveys, brand ambassadors, storytelling and therapy animals…
LEVERAGING VIDEO TO BOOST FACEBOOK ENGAGEMENT | DISRUPTu! 032CDFuneralNews - December 6, 2017
This episode is all about leveraging Facebook video. Around 76% of adults online use Facebook, and since the rise of…