Website Lists “Top 10 Haunted Cemeteries”As Halloween approaches, HotelsCombined.com, a hotel search engine, has named its “Top 10 Haunted Cemeteries.” So, if you find yourself in one of these destinations at the end of the month, pay a visit to these cemeteries and give yourself a good scare:
1. St. Louis Cemetery, New Orleans ? Locals claim the dead walk St. Louis Cemetery more often than the living.
2. Resurrection Cemetery, Chicago ? The infamous “Resurrection Mary” of folklore is buried here.
3. Salem Cemetery, Salem, Ohio ? Ancient legends say anyone who walks around the cemetery six times will disappear.
4. Skull Cemetery, Kansas City, Kan. ? Nicknamed the “Gates of Hell,” which says it all.
5. Chestnut Hill Cemetery, Exeter, R.I. ? A strange blue light moves through the graveyard, representing the ghost of a young girl.
6. Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Glendale, Calif. ? This cemetery is haunted by Hollywood legends buried here.
7. McConnio Cemetery, Evergreen, Ala. ? Since 1865, phantom Union soldiers have been seen riding their horses across the graveyard.
8. Old Western Burial Ground, Baltimore ? Holds the remains of legends such as Edgar Allan Poe.
9. Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens, Fort Lauderdale ? The grave of boxing champion Rocky Marciano has been heard saying “leave me alone.”
10. Pet Cemetery, Hartsdale, N.Y. ? Opened in 1896 by a New York City veterinarian whose ghost is said to watch over the grounds.