OGR members recognized as ‘Best of the Best’
INDIANAPOLIS (Sept. 8, 2020)–The Order of the Golden Rule is excited to announce that four of its members were recognized by the National Funeral Directors Association as the “Best of the Best” for 2020 as part of their annualPursuit of Excellence Awards.
Seven firms total were recognized as Best of the Best, including four OGR members:
- Arlington Memorial Chapels– Quezon City, Metro Manila, Phillipines
- Gardinier Funeral Home, Inc.– Franklin, Penn.
- Lakeside Memorial Funeral Home, Inc.– West Seneca, N.Y.
- Morrissett Funeral & Cremation Service– North Chesterfield, Va.
“OGR prides itself on helping independently owned and operated funeral homes across the globe provide elite service to their communities regardless of size,” said Interim Executive Director Mark McSweeney. “We could not be more proud of our members and the truly golden service they provide not only during trying times like the current pandemic, but day in and day out.”
Pursuit of Excellence awards are given based on proficiency in key areas of funeral service, including compliance with government regulations; staff participation in ongoing education and professional development; offering outstanding programs and resources to bereaved families; and more. All applicants submit an essay describing the development and execution of a program or service that had a positive impact on the families they serve or their community, qualifying them for the Best of the Best Award, which recognizes up to 10 of the most novel and innovative programs and services in the profession.
This marked Arlington’s 10th receipt of a Pursuit of Excellence Award, making them eligible to be inducted into the NFDA’sHall of Excellence.
Other OGR members recognized as Pursuit of Excellence Award winners this year are:
- Anderson Funeral & Cremation Services – Belvidere, Ill.
- Arnette & Steele Funeral Home & Cremation Center – Pineville, Ky. (Hall of Excellence member)
- Brunswick Memorial Home – East Brunswick, N.J.
- Caldwell & Cowan Funeral Home, Inc. – Covington, Ga. (Hall of Excellence member)
- Cozean Memorial Chapel & Crematory – Farmington, Mo. (Hall of Excellence member)
- David C. Brown Funeral Home – Belleville, Mich. (Hall of Excellence member)
- Hightower Family Funeral Homes – Carrollton , Ga.
- Karrer-Simpson Funeral Home – Port Huron, Mich.
- Lakeside Memorial Funeral Home–Hamburg, N.Y.
- Martin Funeral, Cremation & Tribute Services – Fairgrove, Mich. (Hall of Excellence member)
- Martin Funeral, Cremation & Tribute Services – Grand Blanc, Mich.
- Martin Funeral, Cremation & Tribute Services – Mt. Morris, Mich. (Hall of Excellence member)
- Martin Funeral, Cremation & Tribute Services – Vassar, Mich. (Hall of Excellence member)
- Oliverie Funeral Home – Manchester, N.J.
- Pray Funeral Home – Charlotte, Mich. (Hall of Excellence member)
- Wieting Family Funeral Home – Chilton, Wisc.
Fewer than 5% of independently owned funeral homes can call themselves Golden Rule Funeral Homes and those that do promise to adhere to a set of eleven ethical standards, including to provide the highest level of competence and care, further their education to better serve the public, and to disclose all prices fully and clearly.
About the Order of the Golden Rule
Founded in 1928, OGR is an association of independent funeral homes throughout North America and overseas that share common goals of exemplary service, uncompromising care and compassion to families in their time of need. For more information, visitwww.ogr.org.