ICCFA Annual Convention Crosses The Finish Line in Charlotte, North Carolina
STERLING, VA (May 8, 2019)—The International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association (ICCFA) held its Annual Convention & Exposition on April 2–6 at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, North Carolina. The Convention drew in 1,850 total attendees and 504 supplier booths. There were 383 first-time attendees who experienced the 2019 Convention. Of the total attendees, 602 took part in the Tuesday Welcome Reception at the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
The breakdown for the 2019 attendance numbers is as follows:
- Total cemetery, funeral home, crematory and allied business representatives: 902
- 25 percent representing cemeteries
- 41 percent representing funeral homes
- 3 percent representing pet loss providers
- 11 percent representing crematory operations
- 20 percent “other,” including insurance agents, mortuary school faculty, representatives of industry associations and others
- Exhibitor and supplier registrations: 948
Attendees classified their positions as follows:
- Owners: 39 percent
- Managers: 46 percent
- Staff: 15 percent
- Final purchasing authority: 53 percent
- Make purchasing recommendations: 40 percent
- No purchasing authority: 7 percent
As in past years, the event was highly rated by attendees, with 73% percent indicating their overall convention experience was “excellent” or “very good,” and 92% percent indicating they “definitely” or “probably” will attend the ICCFA 2020 Annual Convention & Expo when we return to San Antonio, Texas.
Among the comments:
- “As a first time attendee to the ICCFA Convention, I rated it a A++. The amount of knowledge and material presented was just awesome. I brought three of my young mentees with me, and all were amazed with the knowledge they received. They asked if I could bring them to San Antonio next year and I told them we all can go! They are the future of this industry.” Anthony Roberts, Roberts Funeral Service, Lexington, North Carolina
- “This was the best convention concerning funeral service that I have encountered in my entire life! I am completely amazed, transformed, and inspired to keep pushing in the career!” Torez Blue, student
Over 60% percent of exhibitors rated their overall exposition experience as favorable. When asked about their plans next year, 90% percent indicated they planned to exhibit at the 2020 ICCFA Annual Convention & Expo.
Among exhibitor comments:
- “We receive[d] a lot of positive interest that has led to strong business potential follow ups.” Stephen Power, Urn Towers Ltd
- “We made amazing contacts with some large groups and several independents. These contacts are total game changers for us as a keepsake company. What an awesome event! Can’t wait until next year!!” Chuck Ferris, Eternity’s Touch, Inc., Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
Founded in 1887, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is the only international trade association representing all segments of the cemetery, cremation, funeral and memorialization profession. Its membership is composed of more than 9,100 rooftop locations and 20,000 professionals in the cemetery, funeral home and crematory industries, as well as supplier and related businesses worldwide.