NFDA Leadership Conference: Building Passionate Funeral Service Leaders
Brookfield, Wis. – Funeral professionals who want to make a positive difference as they serve on state and national association boards and committees should make plans to attend the 2019 National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) Leadership Conference, which will take place July 13-16 at the spectacular Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel in San Diego, Calif. Attendees will have ample time to relax, rejuvenate and breathe in clean ocean air, while developing their leadership skills with peers.
During the 2019 Leadership Conference, attendees will hear from a variety of experts:
- NFDA Treasurer Randy Anderson and At-large Representative Dutch Nie will help state association leaders understand how they can take their commitment to the profession to the next level through service on the NFDA Board of Directors.
- In today’s world, everyone is a virtual reporter. Whether representing their state, NFDA or their funeral home, a funeral director must always be ready to tell their story in a way that uplifts the profession. Drawing on decades of global experience, Teri Goudie and her team will help attendees strengthen their leadership voice every time they communicate.
- Making his return to the Leadership Conference is association management expert James S. DeLizia. Drawing on more than 25 years of experience providing strategic planning, training, and consultative services to non-profit professional, trade and philanthropic organizations, DeLizia will help attendees become even more effective leaders.
- Commander Kirk Lippold, US Navy (Ret.) was in command of the USS Cole when it was targeted by a deadly al Qaeda terrorist attack in 2000, 11 months before 9/11. A compelling storyteller, Lippold’s Five Pillars of Leadership offer strategies that instilled integrity into his team members and mitigated crises throughout his naval career. With takeaways for organizations on assessing their own successes and failures, his lessons can make the difference when it matters most.
The Leadership Conference wouldn’t be complete without the popular “Breakout by Office” discussions during which association officers and executives talk about challenges they face in their roles and share strategies for success.
Attendees can kick off their Leadership Conference experience by hitting the links at Del Mar Country Club on July 13. Tucked away in a quiet, secluded valley of Rancho Santa Fe, the Joseph Lee-designed golf course at the private Del Mar Country Club offers an exhilarating experience – one that members and their guests want to play again and again. Embracing the site’s natural beauty and surrounding terrain, the design encompasses breathtaking vistas and an abundance of native flora and fauna. (Optional event; registration required.)
Also on July 13, attendees will enjoy reconnecting with old friends and making new ones during the complimentary Welcome Reception at the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel.
During the Polynesian Paradise event the evening of July 15, attendees will enjoy a spectacular sunset and sweeping views of San Diego Bay from the fourth-floor pool deck of the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel. Guests will savor tropical cuisine while enjoying music and performances from Polynesian artists. (Optional event; ticket required.)
In addition to valuable educational programs, attendees will have plenty of time to explore beautiful San Diego. World-class cuisine, art galleries, upscale shopping, a renowned zoo, historic architecture, beaches, naval history – no matter what attendees’ interests, they will find something to enjoy in San Diego.
Attendees can register for the Leadership Conference online at www.nfda.org/leadership or by calling NFDA at 800-228-6332. Registration includes presentations, handouts, continental breakfasts and welcome reception; CE hours are available for member and nonmember registrants.
- NFDA Member
- On or before June 14: $485
- After June 14: $535
- On or before June 14: $725
- After June 14: $575
- Non-licensed Family Member/Guest (no CE)
- On or before June 14: $210
- After June 14: $260
- Golf at Del Mar Country Club
- On or before June 14: $120
- After June 14: $140
- Welcome Reception
- No charge
- Polynesian Paradise
- On or before June 14: $149
- After June 14: $159
- Child (16 and younger)
- On or before June 14: $40
- After June 14: $60
Discover the vibrant culture and natural beauty of Southern California when you stay at the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego. The convenient hotel near downtown San Diego offers a spectacular waterfront resort-like setting, complete with shopping, dining and entertainment venues. NFDA has secured a limited number of rooms at the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel at a discounted rate of $265 plus tax. Attendees should visit the Leadership Conference web page, www.nfda.org/leadership, to make reservations. The deadline for making hotel reservations is June 14.
For complete details about the 2019 NFDA Leadership Conference, visit www.nfda.org/leadership or call 800-228-6332.
NFDA is the world’s leading and largest funeral service association, serving more than 20,000 individual members who represent nearly 11,000 funeral homes in the United States and 49 countries around the world. NFDA is the trusted leader, beacon for ethics and the strongest advocate for the profession. NFDA is the association of choice because it offers funeral professionals comprehensive educational resources, tools to manage successful businesses, guidance to become pillars in their communities and the expertise to foster future generations of funeral professionals. NFDA is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis., and has an office in Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.nfda.org.