5 Things Funeral Directors Wish Nurses Knew
Article originally appeared on The Distinctive Life Guy
- Just like the hospital, funeral homes are also a business. What makes a hospital or funeral home greater than the others are the compassionate hearts of the nurses and funeral directors caring for the patients and families. Just like you we care about the patient and the family. We show up each day to serve and the business people will figure out the rest.
- There is emotional value in caring for the deceased after death occurs. Our job as funeral directors, is not only to dispose of the deceased via burial or cremation, our goal is to honor the life lived, provide closure to the surviving family members and friends, and help to create a memory that will last for years. We know you value the lives of your patients, a service is necessary for those left behind. Using the words ‘Direct Cremation’ and ‘Immediate Burial’ does the family an injustice
- Removal time should be set for the family, not the hospice or hospital. Often times we hear the family getting upset because they feel rushed by the hospital to remove their loved one in order to fill the bed. We know you have other patients, and that many others need the beds, but we value the importance of not rushing a good bye for the family. We do not live at the funeral home but we are available 24/7. We make it our priority to show up as quickly as possible, but we will never remove a loved one until the family is ready, this is part of our service to them.
- Not every family has money problems. While it is true that an elderly person has depleted their funds, there are often family members who will pay for the value they see. Referring funeral homes based on the cheapest price s not a good idea. As you know, most times you get what you pay for, and the family deserves service, respect and compassion. You deserve a funeral home that will provide the same level of care you have provided.
- We never get use to death. Much like you we are surrounded everyday by people in pain and people who are emotionally distraught. Every family is different and their stories are distinctive. We love our jobs, much like you.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Foundation Partners Group Adds Anderson-McQueen to FPG Family - August 17, 2017
- Sales Professional – North FL/Georgia - August 17, 2017
- On Our Soapbox: The Truth About Cremation | FUNERAL nation 085 - August 16, 2017
You may be interested
Foundation Partners Group Adds Anderson-McQueen to FPG FamilyCDFuneralNews - August 17, 2017
Orlando, FL – Foundation Partners Group (FPG), a leading provider of innovative funeral, cemetery and cremation experiences and products, has…
Sales Professional – North FL/GeorgiaCDFuneralNews - August 17, 2017
Wilbert Funeral Services Inc. is a wholesale product and service provider to the funeral industry. Our manufactured products include burial…
On Our Soapbox: The Truth About Cremation | FUNERAL nation 085CDFuneralNews - August 16, 2017
Cremation truth and Social Media Screwup: Watch Ryan & The Commander tell it like it is on their soapbox! (more…)