5 Call Specialist Graduate from ASD’s 6-Month Training Program
Answering Service for Directors is pleased to welcome five Call Specialists to their team of highly trained professionals. Every month, hundreds of applicants apply for positions at ASD, but only a select few make it through the company’s rigorous, 6-month training program. Employees are carefully selected and must exhibit compassionate communication skills to handle some of life’s most difficult situations.
To work at ASD, Call Specialists must possess an understanding of the enormous responsibility entrusted to them. With the reputation of their funeral professional clients on the line, ASD designed its sophisticated training program to emphasize the importance of empathy and patience. New employees must be able to speak gently and professionally on the phone with the understanding that it may be the worst day of the caller’s life. Additionally, trainees must demonstrate full comprehension of ASD’s proprietary systems, developed exclusively for funeral professionals by the company’s technical team.
Here are some of the required traits that new employees must exhibit within six months to continue working at ASD:
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to assist even the most irate caller with absolute professionalism.
- Empathetic, patient phone demeanor
- Strong attention to detail with essential English and grammar skills
- Excellent composure with the ability to calmly defuse emotionally unstable callers
- Commitment to excellent attendance and proven reliability
- Exceptional short term memory with an ability to take accurate, thorough messages
- Extensive familiarity of funeral customs, terms and procedures
- Dependable team player attitude with an understanding that calls cannot be put off and must be handled immediately, including weekends, holidays, and days with extreme weather conditions
- Perceptive and conscientious with intuition to recognize a First Call early into a conversation.
“The level of dedication this company puts into serving funeral directors is paramount,” says Call Specialist Ian, a recent graduate of ASD’s orientation program. “They take great care in choosing the people they hire and the scheduling each day to ensure they are always able to meet the needs of our clients.”
ASD’s policy of promoting from within has created a team of extremely knowledgeable Training Specialists. These veteran employees mentor new Call Specialists before they can take calls independently. Training Specialists monitor and evaluate the performance of new trainees, with Supervisors signing off on every step of the process. Once Call Specialists are able to take calls on their own, ASD’s Managers and Supervisors listen to and critique their calls to ensure trainees are utilizing all the skills learned during orientation. Furthermore, ASD’s culture of absolute transparency allows funeral directors to listen to and evaluate every Call Specialist that answers their calls. At ASD, nothing is ever hidden from the company’s clients.
The average ASD employee has been with the company for over six years, demonstrating how ASD has managed to avoid the high turnover plaguing the industry. A comprehensive recruitment process helps to determine whether applicants are truly a good fit for the company and ensures that new Call Specialists are committed to learning every aspect of the job.
ASD – Answering Service for Directors has created a new class of answering service exclusively for funeral professionals. Family Owned and Operated, ASD has been helping funeral homes manage their calls and their lives since 1972. With a visionary approach to business, ASD has redefined the way Funeral Directors serve families through combining unparalleled levels of training and advanced technology. For more information, visit www.myASD.com or call 1-800-868-9950.
Connect with ASD online
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Mean Internet Comments – Funeral Edition - June 20, 2018
- RELEASE THE FN CRAKN! | FUNERAL nation 114 - June 18, 2018
- FrontRunner Professional Announces Expansion of Development Team - June 18, 2018
You may be interested
Mean Internet Comments – Funeral EditionCDFuneralNews - June 20, 2018
We shine a light on some of the harsh words posted on social media towards DISRUPT Media's CEO, Ryan Thogmartin.…
FTC Releases Results of Undercover Funeral Rule Investigation… 4 Regions BombedJustin Crowe - June 18, 2018
The FTC has released its report detailing the results of its undercover Funeral Rule investigation for 2017. Last year, the…