NFDA CEO Christine Pepper Issues Statement Regarding Grief Materials Available for Members in Connecticut
To say that we are deeply saddened by the tragedy in your state this morning does not begin to express our feelings about this horrific event. Our thoughts are with the families and all who have been and will be touched by this terrible act. We know our members in Connecticut, particularly those in the Newtown area, will become personally involved with this tragedy by supporting families during their time of grief.
We reached out to John Cascio, executive director of the Connecticut Funeral Directors Association, and we are forwarding a supply of grief support materials from our inventory that would be appropriate for the families and friends of those who have died. John will have these materials available if you have a family who may benefit from them. The materials are expected to arrive at his office Monday.
The items included are:
- When Families Grieve – Sesame Street Workshop Kit (book and DVD)
- Child’s View of Grief (book)
- It’s Not Your Fault (coloring book)
- What on Earth Do You Do When Someone Dies? (book)
- The Class in Room 44: When a Classmate Dies (book)
- Helping Children Cope with the Loss of a Loved One (book)
- Great Answers to Difficult Questions About Death (book)
- Healing a Child’s Grieving Heart (book)
- How Do We Tell the Children (book)
- Teen Grief – A Guide for Adults (DVD)
- What on Earth Do You Do When Someone Dies? (DVD)
- When a Friend Dies (book)
- The Grief Recovery Kit (book)
- A Ray of Hope (DVD)
- What About Me? Kids & Grief (DVD)
- Helping Children Grieve (DVD)
- A Teacher’s Guide to the Grieving Students (book)
- Helping Children Through Grief (brochure)
- Talking With Young Children About Death: A Message From Fred Rogers (brochure)
- Empty Chair (book)
- Goodbye My Child (book)
- For Bereaved Grandparents (book)
If you would like to order any of the above materials or if NFDA can support you in any way, please contact Ruthann Johnson at 800-228-6332.
Thank you for the care and compassion you demonstrate to families and your community in their times of need. We are proud to be the association that represents you.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038 - February 5, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding Achievement - February 5, 2018
- NFDA Introduces the 2018 Meet the Mentors Program Participants - January 30, 2018
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!