NFDA CEO Christine Pepper Issues Statement Regarding Grief Materials Available for Members in Connecticut
To say that we are deeply saddened by the tragedy in your state this morning does not begin to express our feelings about this horrific event. Our thoughts are with the families and all who have been and will be touched by this terrible act. We know our members in Connecticut, particularly those in the Newtown area, will become personally involved with this tragedy by supporting families during their time of grief.
We reached out to John Cascio, executive director of the Connecticut Funeral Directors Association, and we are forwarding a supply of grief support materials from our inventory that would be appropriate for the families and friends of those who have died. John will have these materials available if you have a family who may benefit from them. The materials are expected to arrive at his office Monday.
The items included are:
- When Families Grieve – Sesame Street Workshop Kit (book and DVD)
- Child’s View of Grief (book)
- It’s Not Your Fault (coloring book)
- What on Earth Do You Do When Someone Dies? (book)
- The Class in Room 44: When a Classmate Dies (book)
- Helping Children Cope with the Loss of a Loved One (book)
- Great Answers to Difficult Questions About Death (book)
- Healing a Child’s Grieving Heart (book)
- How Do We Tell the Children (book)
- Teen Grief – A Guide for Adults (DVD)
- What on Earth Do You Do When Someone Dies? (DVD)
- When a Friend Dies (book)
- The Grief Recovery Kit (book)
- A Ray of Hope (DVD)
- What About Me? Kids & Grief (DVD)
- Helping Children Grieve (DVD)
- A Teacher’s Guide to the Grieving Students (book)
- Helping Children Through Grief (brochure)
- Talking With Young Children About Death: A Message From Fred Rogers (brochure)
- Empty Chair (book)
- Goodbye My Child (book)
- For Bereaved Grandparents (book)
If you would like to order any of the above materials or if NFDA can support you in any way, please contact Ruthann Johnson at 800-228-6332.
Thank you for the care and compassion you demonstrate to families and your community in their times of need. We are proud to be the association that represents you.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Funeral Home Owner Howie VanRensselaer Wins July Sich Casket Giveaway - August 13, 2017
- Preneed Funeral Sales Advisor - August 11, 2017
- Physicians Mutual Celebrates Preneed Anniversary with NFDA Sponsorship - August 9, 2017
You may be interested
Funeral Homes are Struggling to Keep Their Doors OpenRyan Thogmartin - August 13, 2017
This is a topic and conversation that does not get talked about or covered enough. We all want to put the blame on cremation and ignore the fact that many of the issues facing funeral homes aren't because families choose cremation but because of bad business decisions of many funeral directors who don't want to change or accept cremation.
Funeral Home Owner Howie VanRensselaer Wins July Sich Casket GiveawayCDFuneralNews - August 13, 2017
August 8, 2017 -- Sich Casket has announced the winner of their monthly “Year of the Funeral Director” casket giveaway…
Preneed Funeral Sales AdvisorCDFuneralNews - August 11, 2017
Premier Funeral Solutions is currently seeking a Preneed Funeral Sales Advisor . Premier Funeral Solutions offers tools and methodologies developed to help…