World’s Largest Casket Company Sues Funeral Home
An Indiana casket company has filed suit here saying Joe Ford?s funeral home owes $34,000 for caskets he ordered dating to 2008.
Batesville Casket Co., which filed the suit this week in Circuit Court, said the caskets range from the $490 Revere Silver model to the $2,360 Sapphire.
Ford said today he has not seen the suit, which says it is owed $34,295.36, including attorney?s fees.
?It?s best for me not to say anything since I haven?t seen it,? said Ford, a former interim county mayor.
The casket company also filed a business license document from the Secretary of State?s Office showing the Joe Ford Funeral Home to be dissolved and inactive.
State spokesman Blake Fontenay said the funeral home was administratively dissolved in August of 2009 and is in inactive status for failure to file an annual report due in April of that year.
Ford said his funeral home is active and is still in business.
Ford, a former county commissioner, filed his own suit last month against the county seeking to obtain an increase in pension benefits, saying he was not given credit for time served on the Memphis City Council.
His monthly pension now is $747.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Mean Internet Comments – Funeral Edition - June 20, 2018
- RELEASE THE FN CRAKN! | FUNERAL nation 114 - June 18, 2018
- FrontRunner Professional Announces Expansion of Development Team - June 18, 2018
You may be interested
Mean Internet Comments – Funeral EditionCDFuneralNews - June 20, 2018
We shine a light on some of the harsh words posted on social media towards DISRUPT Media's CEO, Ryan Thogmartin.…
FTC Releases Results of Undercover Funeral Rule Investigation… 4 Regions BombedJustin Crowe - June 18, 2018
The FTC has released its report detailing the results of its undercover Funeral Rule investigation for 2017. Last year, the…