Cutting-Edge, Indoor Purification System
Eckels and Company is pleased to announce its recently developed strategic business relationship with Surgically Clean Air. Surgically Clean Air is at the cutting edge of commercial indoor air purification. Designed by two medical doctors in 2003, it is an international, Canadian based industry leader in the field of commercial air purification. When clean, pure, healthy indoor air for commercial applications is of the essence, Surgically Clean Air is able to provide air-purification solutions that are highly effective and yet operationally affordable. Funeral home and mortuary personnel often face a variety of occupational health hazards. With this in mind, the Surgically Clean Air 301F combines six stages of air sterilization and purification in a single, dedicated, portable device. There are four capture stages for particulate matter and gases. Whatever is not captured enters into two ?kill? stages for volatile organic compounds, bacteria and viral infections. There is a final stage that ?energizes? the air.
Health Hazards Faced at Work by Funeral Home Personnel
- Routine exposure to dangerous chemicals like formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, phosphine gas and organophosphates, as well as aerosolized contaminants, can pose serious short and long-term health risks.
- Formaldehyde likely represents the greatest health risk for funeral home employees. It is a volatile organic compound, which means that it vaporizes at room temperature, becoming a gas that can be easily inhaled. Exposure to low amounts of formaldehyde gas can cause:
- Eye, nose, throat irritation
- Irritation of the upper respiratory tract
- Difficulties in breathing
- Tightness of the chest, which can evolve into bronchitis.
- Formaldehyde is classified as a probable human carcinogen by many organizations, including the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Health Canada. It has been shown to produce cancer in laboratory animals, as well as workers exposed to high amounts of formaldehyde in their jobs. Even if you are only exposed to minute amounts of the gas, it can accumulate over time and pose a major health risk.
Surgically Clean Air 301F Summary
- remove harmful chemicals like formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, phosphine gas and organophosphates, as well as aerosolized contaminants
- reduce the spread of airborne illness
- allow staff and customers to breathe easier
- control odours
- cost effective
- higher alertness, decreased drowsiness and more mental energy
- work more efficiently
- provide great PR for customers and staff
- show that you care about employees? health
- low-annual operating costs due to technologies utilized ? less than $180 per annum in consumables (running 24-7)
- reduce absenteeism
In the funeral home business, maintaining a clean indoor air environment is not only essential to the health and well-being of the people who work there, but can help to make a positive
impression on the families of loved ones and prospective clients. Eckels is a leading supplier of funeral service products to the North American marketplace. Eckels is steadfastly committed to providing the funeral service profession with a continuous stream of new, creative and innovative products and services based on tireless research and development. Eckels always has and will continue to listen carefully to the needs of their valued clients and will provide the answers that are necessary to respond to this ever-changing environment.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Mean Internet Comments – Funeral Edition - June 20, 2018
- RELEASE THE FN CRAKN! | FUNERAL nation 114 - June 18, 2018
- FrontRunner Professional Announces Expansion of Development Team - June 18, 2018
You may be interested
10 Visionary Death Care Entrepreneurs Revolutionizing How We DieJustin Crowe - June 20, 2018
Looking at the business that these 10 death care entrepreneurs have created, there is an overwhelming sense of certainty that…
Mean Internet Comments – Funeral EditionCDFuneralNews - June 20, 2018
We shine a light on some of the harsh words posted on social media towards DISRUPT Media's CEO, Ryan Thogmartin.…
FTC Releases Results of Undercover Funeral Rule Investigation… 4 Regions BombedJustin Crowe - June 18, 2018
The FTC has released its report detailing the results of its undercover Funeral Rule investigation for 2017. Last year, the…