Top 10 Business Opportunities For a Down Economy
I am a monthly subscriber to Entrepreneur magazine, and in this months issue their featured section is on “Trends for 2009”. I know many small funeral home owners who are always looking for other sources of revenue, be it monuments, Crematory, or something totally outside the funeral industry like a furniture store. Below I have listed the Top 10 Business Opportunities for a down economy.
John Assaraf and Murray Smith, founders of OneCoach, a provider of small-business coaching services in San Diego, offer their top 10 business opportunities for a down economy:
1. Business coaching: There is a huge entrepreneurial surge coming; be there to help themsucceed.
2. Social networking for business: Connect with your prospects, taking up where ad agencies left off.
3. Alternative fuels: Everyone wants to cut energy costs.
4. Environmental services: The greening of America has just begun.
5. Health care: Everyone?s getting older; more people need more care than ever.
6. Nail salons and beauty products: Fewer facelifts, more facials.
7. Discount retailers: Think Wal-Mart and 99 Cents Only Stores.
8. Luxury products: Yacht sales are up?Prada skirts, too.
9. IT and other technology services: Virtual meetings cost less than flying.
10. Credit and debt management: With consumers watching their wallets, help them do it better.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation Award - November 15, 2017
- Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors Life - November 15, 2017
- Marching Forward, Making Sales at the 2018 ICCFA Wide World of Sales Conference - November 15, 2017
You may be interested
4 Products Beating the Funeral Merchandise Quality EpidemicJustin Crowe - November 15, 2017
Since entering the funeral industry, I have felt a taboo around talking about the topic of quality in relation to…
ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation AwardCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Boston, MA—On Monday, October 29, ASD – Answering Service for Directors was named the winner of the National Funeral Directors…
Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors LifeCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Passare, Inc. recently released an advanced integration with Funeral Directors Life Insurance Company, offering the funeral industry’s only integration between…