Selected and Kates-Boylston Team Up on the Thrive Conference
When you come to the Thrive Conference for Independent Funeral Homes, Nov. 30 at the Live! Casino Hotel in Hanover, Maryland, you will leave with a blueprint to navigate change and thrive today, tomorrow and in the years to come.
Selected Independent Funeral Homes and Kates-Boylston Publications are teaming up to bring the event to the profession. While geared for independent funeral homes, anyone can attend – including those who are not members of Selected. Suppliers are also welcome.
The event kicks off a week of learning with attendees encouraged to extend their stay for the Funeral Service Business Plan Conference, Dec. 1-2, and the Cremation Strategies Conference, Dec. 3, both at the same hotel.
“Even when the pandemic was at its height, we wanted to ramp up our continuing education efforts,” said Allison Sullivan, the longtime publisher of Kates-Boylston Publications. “We know everyone wants to get back to learning and connecting in person, and we are so thrilled that Selected Independent Funeral Homes is teaming up with us to make Thrive possible.”
“Selected is excited to offer the Thrive Conference in conjunction with our valued partner, Kates-Boylston, to provide independent funeral service professionals with dynamic solutions that challenge today’s thinking to ensure a successful future,” said Rob Paterkiewicz, executive director of Selected Independent Funeral Homes. “This unique event will help us achieve our goal to connect leaders and advance the independent funeral service profession. I hope you’ll make plans to join us!”
At the Thrive conference, some of the funeral profession’s top operators and suppliers will share proven strategies that will help you do more than survive – their guidance will help you thrive. When you come to the event, get ready to:
- Learn new technologies and innovations adopted during the pandemic that drive revenue and generate new opportunities.
- Embrace ways to care for your personal well-being so that you’re able to lead your funeral home and staff more effectively.
- Get inspired with new ways to think about your business for the future and learn how to incorporate what industry experts have learned amid this global pandemic.
- Discover ways to build relationships with professionals and members of your community through outreach programs.
Speakers at the conference include:
• Alyssa Bouvy, a senior account executive at SRS Computing, who is an expert at using technology to tackle business challenges.
•Britta J. Holloway, a funeral director at Holloway Funeral Home in Salisbury, Maryland, who excels at training and development.
• Alex McCracken, vice president of sales at Funeral Innovations, who brings more than a decade of digital marketing and sales experience to the profession.
• Ashley Montroy, chief marketing officer of FrontRunner Professional, whose on a mission to help funeral professionals thrive in today’s digital age.
• Jennifer Moss, the outreach and education director for Bliley’s Funeral Home in Richmond, Virginia, who has spearheaded more than 100 events at the funeral home.
• Paul St. Pierre, a sixth-generation funeral director and president of the St. Pierre Family Funeral and Cremation Services, which includes 11 funeral homes in Indiana.
The Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice has approved the conference for four hours of continuing education, and CEUs are also being sought for most states that do not automatically accept Academy approval.
The conference, which includes breakfast and lunch in the cost of registration – costs $495 per person for those who register before Sept. 30. Members of Selected Independent Funeral Homes, however, will pay only $395 per person when adding promo code “SELECTED” at online checkout or mentioning the code when registering by phone at 732-746-0201.
Kates-Boylston has negotiated a special $149 room rate for attendees available via the conference website. To learn more and register, visit the website.
The event is sponsored by SRS Computing, Funeral Innovations, FrontRunner Professional, Precoa and ASD – Answering Service for Directors.