ICCFA Elects New Officers, Directors During the 2019 Annual Convention
STERLING, VA – The International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association elected new leadership during its 2019 Annual Convention & Exposition, April 2–6 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
ICCFA officers for 2019-2020 are:
- President—Jay Dodds, CFSP, Park Lawn Corporation, Houston, Texas;
- President-Elect—Gary M. Freytag, CCFE, Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum, Cincinnati, Ohio;
- Vice President, Education—Mitch Rose, CCFE, CCrE, Woodlawn Cemetery, Bronx, New York;
- Vice President, Membership & Marketing—Shawna de la Cruz, Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks & Mortuaries, Glendale, California;
- Vice President, Internal Affairs—Andrés Aguilar, Los Parques, Guatemala City, Guatemala;
- Vice President, External Affairs—Lee Longino, Service Corporation International, Houston, Texas;
- Treasurer—Christopher Keller, Sunset Memorial Park & French Funerals and Cremations, Albuquerque, New Mexico; and
- Secretary—Robbie L. Pape, Service Corporation International, Houston, Texas.
Members elected to serve three-year terms on the ICCFA Board of Directors are:
- Stacy Adams, Memorial Park Funeral Home and Cemetery, St. Petersburg, Florida;
- Stephen Bassett, Elmwood Memorial Park & Funeral Home, Abilene, Texas;
- Shawna de la Cruz, Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks & Mortuaries, Glendale, California;
- Buddy Ewing, Tharp-Sontheimer Tharp Funeral Home, Metairie, Louisiana;
- Robert Gordon Jr., CCE, Cypress Lawn, Colma, California,
- Caressa Hughes, Service Corporation International, Houston, Texas;
- Andy Lopez, StoneMor Partners LP, Trevose, Pennsylvania; and
- Jennifer Olvera, CCE, Green Hills Memorial Park, Rancho Palos Verdes, California.
Past presidents elected to serve a one-year term on the Board:
- Kenneth Varner, CCFE, CCE, Cypress Lawn, Colma, CA; and
- Bill Wright, CCE, Greenwood Funeral Homes & Cremation, Fort Worth, Texas.
The International Memorialization Supply Association appointment to the Board is Jordan
Yearsley, Ensure-A-Seal, Brooklyn, New York.
The presidential appointments to represent the ICCFA on the Cemetery Consumer Service
- Thomas P. Daly, CCE, CHS Consulting Group, Westwood, Massachusetts; and
- Stephen Burrill, CCE, CCrE, Mount Hope Cemetery, Bangor, Maine.
Members of the 2019-2020 Executive Committee are as follows:
- ICCFA President Jay Dodds, CFSP, Park Lawn Corporation, Houston, Texas;
- ICCFA President-Elect Gary M. Freytag, CCFE, Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum, Cincinnati, Ohio;
- ICCFA Immediate Past President Christine Toson Hentges, CCE, The Tribute Companies Inc., Hartland, Wisconsin;
- Jeff Kidwiler, CCE, CSE, Blackstone Cemetery Development, Santa Ana, California (president’s appointment); and
- Frederick Lappin, CCE, Knollwood Cemetery Corporation, Canton, Massachusetts (past presidents’ appointment).
Founded in 1887, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is the only international trade association representing all segments of the cemetery,
cremation, funeral and memorialization profession. Its membership is composed of more than 9,100 rooftop locations and 20,000 professionals in the cemetery, funeral home and
crematory industries, as well as supplier and related businesses worldwide.