Embalmer – Torrance, California
Family-owned mortuary in the heart of the South Bay of Los Angeles County seeks experienced, California-licensed Embalmer. White & Day, Inc. offers our clients comfort, professionalism, and an opportunity to create innovative and meaningful services, ceremonies, and celebrations. Learn more about us at www.lafuneral.com.
- Exemplify Company Values, Promote Positive Morale
- Oversee Quality Control of Decedent Care
- Adhere to Budgetary Guidelines
Day to Day Operations in Care Center:
Decedent Care, serving approximately 1500 clients annually
- Properly conduct decedent transfer to mortuary, crematory
- Assess decedent regarding possibility of coroner involvement, reporting contagious diseases, removal of pacemakers, etc.
- Able to work with clients with family washings, dressings, etc.
- Able to ready non-embalmed decedents
- Able to embalm decedents, repair as necessary
- Able to independently dress and apply cosmetics to decedents
- Able to dye and/or style all hair types
- Exhibit proper casketing technique
- Maintain privacy and security of decedents
- Adhere to all requirements involving protective equipment, safety procedures
- Maintain sanitary conditions of all preparation areas and equipment
- Properly dispose of waste materials
- Oversee labeled shared storage facilities
- Complete and maintain proper documentation
- Valid California Embalmer License
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record per DMV report
- Minimum 5 years industry experience and/or 1,000 completed embalmings
- Ability to accurately use computer software including industry specific programs, Excel spreadsheets, Outlook
To apply to join our team, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Embalmer” in the subject line.
White & Day Mortuaries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer