ICCFA Convention & Expo Attendance Edges Past Previous Record
STERLING, VA (May 7, 2014)—For the sixth consecutive year, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association’s Annual Convention & Exposition, April 8-11 in Las Vegas, Nevada, set new attendance and exhibit records. The convention drew 2,190 total attendees—beating last year’s record by 14—and 530 supplier booths, both all-time high figures. The convention also attracted at least 283 first-time attendees.
The breakdown for the 2014 attendance numbers is as follows:
- Total cemetery, funeral home, crematory and allied business representatives: 966
- 18 percent representing combination cemetery/funeral home operations
- 27 percent representing stand-alone cemeteries
- 31 percent representing stand-alone funeral homes
- 7 percent representing stand-alone pet loss providers
- 17 percent “other,” including insurance agents, mortuary school faculty, representatives of industry associations and others
- Spouse/guest registrations: 211
- Press passes and speakers from outside the industry: 15
- Exhibitor and supplier registrations: 985
Attendees classified their positions as follows:
- Owners: 40 percent
- Managers: 52 percent
- Staff: 8 percent
- Final purchasing authority: 58 percent
- Make purchasing recommendations: 41 percent
- No purchasing authority: 1 percent
The convention hosted 193 international attendees representing 26 countries outside of the United States.
Of the surveys returned thus far, attendees rated the event highly, with 76 percent indicating their overall convention experience was “excellent” or “very good,” and 86 percent indicating they “definitely” or “probably” will attend the ICCFA 2015 Convention, April 8-11, in San Antonio, Texas. Among the comments:
- “As an international attendee, this was my first ICCFA convention and I love it. Networking, new ideas, new colleagues. All in one place.” Juan Tavera, Funeraria La Esperanza, Medellin, Colombia
- “This is my third time to the ICCFA, There is always something new to see & experience. Good value in education.” Moray Jamieson, Jamieson’s Funeral Service, Glenboro, Manitoba, Canada
- “Your featured speakers for this conference were very good.” Lynn Illig, Matthews International Corporation, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- “Your speakers are excellent.” Fred Miller, CCE, CSE, Memorial Business Systems, Brentwood, Tennessee
More than 74 percent of exhibitors rated their overall exposition experience as favorable. Asked about their plans for the 2015 Convention & Exposition, 87 percent indicated they planned to exhibit, 10 percent were undecided and only 3 percent indicated they did not plan to exhibit.
Founded in 1887, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is the only international trade association representing all segments of the cemetery, cremation, funeral and memorialization profession. Its membership is composed of more than 8,900 rooftop locations and 15,000 professionals in the cemetery, funeral home and crematory industries, as well as supplier and related businesses worldwide.