Need Help With Social Media?
Join 18,000 Other Funeral Directors in the Know! Sign up for our Daily Funeral News Updates email!
Like Us On Facebook
Study Highlights Increasing Tech and Social Trends for Funerals and Memorials [Infographic]
Study results and content provided by: Une Belle Vie Memorial Urns
New Study: 27% of people said they would share the news of a loved one’s death via Facebook
Today, Une Belle Vie Memorial Urns released a new survey examining the development and growth of social media and technology in communicating about and memorializing a loved one’s death.
Une Belle Vie Memorial Urns conducted a survey of 100 people from all over the U.S. between the ages of 18-60 on how they communicate about death and how they want to be memorialized after death. The study revealed that consumers are trending towards using technology to memorialize a loved one and social media to communicate about death.
Highlights of the survey include:
- 27 percent of people said they would share the news of a loved one’s death via Facebook, 42 percent via email and 25 percent via text.
- 11 percent have attended a funeral that was videotaped, while 5 percent have watched a loved one’s funeral on the Internet.
- 62 percent of people said that they prefer not to spend money or have family spend money on an expensive or elaborate funeral.
The survey aimed to determine how people communicate about death in the 21st century and how memorials are living online. These days, people shy away from traditional burials, fancy caskets and the high cost of a funeral. Instead, the survey proves that people crave simplicity and many free technology options available online.
About Une Belle Vie
Une Belle Vie Memorial Urns is a Denver, Colorado-based company focusing on providing a supportive and informed experience, whether families are planning for the future or coping with the passing of a loved one. Their online community and urn store offer artisan-crafted, decorative cremation urns in a variety of materials designed to celebrate life and personality and offer fitting memorials for those we love. Visit their community of caring and their continuously updated library of educational articles at their cremation blog.
Go to http://funeralsocial.com to find out more about the services we offer. Our clients who are apart of our FUNERAL Social Design Process are seeing an increase in post reach and engagement of over 300%.
Ryan is also the founder of ConnectingDirectors.com. ConnectingDirectors.com is the leading online daily publication for funeral professionals with a reader base of over 45,000 of the most elite and forward-thinking professionals in the profession. With ConnectingDirectors.com Ryan has created a global community through an online platform allowing funeral professionals to Stay Current. Stay Informed and Stay Elite.
Latest posts by Ryan Thogmartin (see all)
- The Starting Point of Social Media Begins at the End - June 20, 2016
- Ocala Community Offered an Opportunity to Heal by Hiers-Baxley - June 19, 2016
- FUNERAL Nation TV is LIVE at The Texas Funeral Directors Association Convention - June 15, 2016