Study Highlights Increasing Tech and Social Trends for Funerals and Memorials [Infographic]
Study results and content provided by: Une Belle Vie Memorial Urns
New Study: 27% of people said they would share the news of a loved one’s death via Facebook
Today, Une Belle Vie Memorial Urns released a new survey examining the development and growth of social media and technology in communicating about and memorializing a loved one’s death.
Une Belle Vie Memorial Urns conducted a survey of 100 people from all over the U.S. between the ages of 18-60 on how they communicate about death and how they want to be memorialized after death. The study revealed that consumers are trending towards using technology to memorialize a loved one and social media to communicate about death.
Highlights of the survey include:
- 27 percent of people said they would share the news of a loved one’s death via Facebook, 42 percent via email and 25 percent via text.
- 11 percent have attended a funeral that was videotaped, while 5 percent have watched a loved one’s funeral on the Internet.
- 62 percent of people said that they prefer not to spend money or have family spend money on an expensive or elaborate funeral.
The survey aimed to determine how people communicate about death in the 21st century and how memorials are living online. These days, people shy away from traditional burials, fancy caskets and the high cost of a funeral. Instead, the survey proves that people crave simplicity and many free technology options available online.
About Une Belle Vie
Une Belle Vie Memorial Urns is a Denver, Colorado-based company focusing on providing a supportive and informed experience, whether families are planning for the future or coping with the passing of a loved one. Their online community and urn store offer artisan-crafted, decorative cremation urns in a variety of materials designed to celebrate life and personality and offer fitting memorials for those we love. Visit their community of caring and their continuously updated library of educational articles at their cremation blog.
About the author
Ryan Thogmartin is founder and CEO of two innovative companies. Connecting Directors LLC (www.connectingdirectors.com) and Disrupt Media Group, LLC (www.disruptmg.com). ConnectingDirectors.com is the premier progressive online publication for funeral professionals. ConnectingDirectors.com is a thriving global publication with a reader base of over 15,000 of the most elite and forward-thinking professionals in the industry. Disrupt Media Group, LLC is a social media marketing solutions firm. Disrupt MG focuses on proficiently assisting small businesses in creating engaging social media marketing strategies. Without a social media marketing strategy companies and brands are just aimlessly posting without any coherent direction. Social media marketing is more than just having a Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube page; businesses have to have a strategy to telling their story, one that opens the door and starts the conversation.
Expressions Guest Registry
- Rejected Casket Models From Leading Brands
- Teen With Terminal Cancer Documents Final Days On Film, Says Goodbye
- The Death Of Birdie - Explaining Death To A Four Year Old [Video]
- FrontRunner Professional Announces Their Exclusive Strategic Partnership With Mysendoff.com
- 40 Great Memorial Ideas From Pinterest