Office Administrator for Ahlberg Funeral Chapel
Are you a compassionate person? Have you experienced loss? Do you want to help the team of people who supports the bereaved through the journey of honoring their loved one?
Ahlberg Funeral Chapel has an immediate opening for an Office Administrator. This family-owned and operated business needs someone to support the team and its clients on a part-time basis (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.). We’re looking for an energetic person who is ready to handle the many logistical requirements presented by a funeral. The workload varies considerably, as do the requirements and personalities of the families that we serve. We’re looking for a kind, caring, committed, discrete, flexible person.
Check out our website at ahlbergfuneralchapel.com
Here is the detail on the job description:
Under general supervision, the Office Administrator conducts general office administrative support activities to enable the funeral chapel to conduct business efficiently and compassionately meet the needs of its clients.
Essential Job Functions and Basic Duties:
- Greets visitors and callers, handles their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Audits case files to verify everything is complete, following up with the assigned funeral director to ensure all open tasks will be completed.
- Types death certificates, memorial books, service folders, obituaries or other forms in the required format (typewriter, appropriate computer program, etc.)
- Proofing all published materials, paying special attention to ensure everything is accurate and grammatically correct. Act as quality control for all published material.
- Continuously updates funeral chapel’s website with service and other information as soon as it becomes available.
- Completes all miscellaneous preparation for services including
- Submitting obituaries
- Using Photoshop to manipulate photos as required
- Downloading and burning music
- Recording flowers
- Setting up visitation snacks.
- Preparing satchels for families after funeral is completed.
- Maintains office equipment as necessary; maintains and orders office supplies on a weekly basis.
- Ensures office work area is presentable.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Assists all others in the office with administrative support as necessary.
- Light cleaning as required.
- Light funeral work including running a registry, ushering and greeting people for funerals.
- Documents all tasks and responsibilities so that others may complete them in his/her absence.
- All other duties as assigned.
- General computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic math, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two to five years administrative experience required.
- Experience or familiarity with funeral industry preferred.
- Speaking Spanish preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
Computer/Equipment – Ability to use and learn multiple computer software and systems and other office equipment, including typewriter.
Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in documents.
Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Strong grammatical skills and the ability to proof own work and the work of others.
Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others, meeting deadlines.
Noise level is usually moderate.
Office environment primarily; chapel and funeral environment occasionally.
Be able to stand, walk and sit. Able to move easily and safely from low-ceilinged basement office to chapel and visitor area.
Sedentary for large portions of the day.
Occasionally lifting up to 25 pounds.
Ability to see details at close range, computer keyboarding, phone and office equipment use.
Volk & Bell HR Services is assisting us with our search. Resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may direct any inquiries to 303.776.3105. Please submit your salary requirements with your resume. This position does not currently offer benefits.
Please consider joining us in our desire to do business and serve others with dignity for everyone as our guiding principle.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- 8 Of The World’S Strangest Burial Spots - July 30, 2015
- I Want a Direct Cremation, Please. - July 30, 2015
- Perfect Memorials Adds Red Paver Custom Engraved Brick to Their Catalog - July 30, 2015