Website Lists “Top 10 Haunted Cemeteries”
As Halloween approaches, HotelsCombined.com, a hotel search engine, has named its “Top 10 Haunted Cemeteries.” So, if you find yourself in one of these destinations at the end of the month, pay a visit to these cemeteries and give yourself a good scare:
1. St. Louis Cemetery, New Orleans ? Locals claim the dead walk St. Louis Cemetery more often than the living.
2. Resurrection Cemetery, Chicago ? The infamous “Resurrection Mary” of folklore is buried here.
3. Salem Cemetery, Salem, Ohio ? Ancient legends say anyone who walks around the cemetery six times will disappear.
4. Skull Cemetery, Kansas City, Kan. ? Nicknamed the “Gates of Hell,” which says it all.
5. Chestnut Hill Cemetery, Exeter, R.I. ? A strange blue light moves through the graveyard, representing the ghost of a young girl.
6. Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Glendale, Calif. ? This cemetery is haunted by Hollywood legends buried here.
7. McConnio Cemetery, Evergreen, Ala. ? Since 1865, phantom Union soldiers have been seen riding their horses across the graveyard.
8. Old Western Burial Ground, Baltimore ? Holds the remains of legends such as Edgar Allan Poe.
9. Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens, Fort Lauderdale ? The grave of boxing champion Rocky Marciano has been heard saying “leave me alone.”
10. Pet Cemetery, Hartsdale, N.Y. ? Opened in 1896 by a New York City veterinarian whose ghost is said to watch over the grounds.
You may be interested
13 Leading Death Professionals Predict the Future of Cremation… Their Ideas Will Surprise You.Justin Crowe - August 13, 2018
What does the future of cremation look like? We all want to know if we will see the type of…
Aftercare.com Announces Expansion into CanadaCDFuneralNews - August 13, 2018
CLINTON, NC - Aftercare.com, the automated follow up program for funeral homes and cemeteries, today announced they are expanding into…