Embalmer/Funeral Director – Saint Joseph, Missouri
The embalmer/funeral director position is responsible for preparation and care of deceased for multiple locations from a central embalming room and crematory operation. Funeral service delivery is also included in the job responsibilities.
Position is responsible for coverage every other weekend. Our funeral home utilizes an off-hours removal team and embalming occurs primarily between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Missouri embalmer and funeral director license or have the ability to reciprocate your state’s license to a Missouri license quickly
- At least two years experience as embalmer
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Demonstrate a high level of compassion, empathy & integrity
- Identify ways to streamline and/or improve work processes and efficiency
- Maintain positive working relationships with fellow staff members
- Handle customer challenges with willingness, friendliness and a “can-do” attitude
- Accommodate customer needs with flexibility to ensure the highest level of satisfaction
- Multitask, prioritize and organize
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, rules & controls
- Adhere to safety rules and regulations and report unsafe practices to management
- Respond to phone calls and e-mails in a timely manner
- Report to work on time and maintain standard attendance
- Team Player
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Variety of Supplemental Insurance Options
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Best schedule in industry
To apply send your resume to email@example.com
DISRUPT Media is a full-service creative agency built for the now. We partner with death care companies to drive deep-rooted brand loyalty and measurable leads through social media.
More Fans. More Conversations. More Leads.
Ryan is also the founder of ConnectingDirectors.com. ConnectingDirectors.com is the leading online daily publication for funeral professionals with a reader base of over 45,000 of the most elite and forward-thinking professionals in the profession. With ConnectingDirectors.com Ryan has created a global community through an online platform allowing funeral professionals to Stay Current. Stay Informed and Stay Elite.
Latest posts by Ryan Thogmartin (see all)
- How Is Your Funeral Home Avoiding This 8 Million Dollar Mistake? - February 28, 2018
- This Is The Game Every Funeral Director Wants, But It’s Not Real - February 21, 2018
- MAJOR Facebook News Feed Changes and What They Mean For Your Deathcare Business - January 15, 2018
You may be interested
BLOOPERS, FACEBOOK ADS AND THE PERFECT FACEBOOK LEAD FORMULA | DISRUPTu! 041CDFuneralNews - March 19, 2018
Bloopers, bloopers and more bloopers. The intro for this episode took the longest time to shoot - Ryan was off…
The Journey Group Selects The Travel Plan by Inman As Their Travel Plan ProviderCDFuneralNews - March 19, 2018
The Journey Group, and experienced enterprise in the funeral home, cemetery, and cremation services industry, announced today the selection of…
Sauder Funeral Products Hires New Sales & Marketing DirectorCDFuneralNews - March 19, 2018
Archbold, OH – Sauder Funeral Products recently selected industry veteran Mark Klingenberger to lead its sales and marketing efforts. Klingenberger…