Embalmer/Funeral Director – Saint Joseph, Missouri
The embalmer/funeral director position is responsible for preparation and care of deceased for multiple locations from a central embalming room and crematory operation. Funeral service delivery is also included in the job responsibilities.
Position is responsible for coverage every other weekend. Our funeral home utilizes an off-hours removal team and embalming occurs primarily between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Missouri embalmer and funeral director license or have the ability to reciprocate your state’s license to a Missouri license quickly
- At least two years experience as embalmer
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Demonstrate a high level of compassion, empathy & integrity
- Identify ways to streamline and/or improve work processes and efficiency
- Maintain positive working relationships with fellow staff members
- Handle customer challenges with willingness, friendliness and a “can-do” attitude
- Accommodate customer needs with flexibility to ensure the highest level of satisfaction
- Multitask, prioritize and organize
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, rules & controls
- Adhere to safety rules and regulations and report unsafe practices to management
- Respond to phone calls and e-mails in a timely manner
- Report to work on time and maintain standard attendance
- Team Player
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Variety of Supplemental Insurance Options
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Best schedule in industry
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to http://funeralsocial.com to find out more about the services we offer. Our clients who are apart of our FUNERAL Social Design Process are seeing an increase in post reach and engagement of over 300%.
Ryan is also the founder of ConnectingDirectors.com. ConnectingDirectors.com is the leading online daily publication for funeral professionals with a reader base of over 45,000 of the most elite and forward-thinking professionals in the profession. With ConnectingDirectors.com Ryan has created a global community through an online platform allowing funeral professionals to Stay Current. Stay Informed and Stay Elite.
Latest posts by Ryan Thogmartin (see all)
- Funeral Homes are Struggling to Keep Their Doors Open - August 13, 2017
- 12 Benefits of Social Media Every Funeral Home Needs to Know - August 10, 2017
- Funeral Homes: How to Shoot Video on a Budget - August 7, 2017
You may be interested
How Watching Movies In a Cemetery Became an L.A. Summer StapleCDFuneralNews - August 14, 2017
The often sold-out Hollywood Forever Cemetery screenings have cemented themselves as a seasonal institution in the Southland, drawing scores of fans and A-listers.
Funeral Homes are Struggling to Keep Their Doors OpenRyan Thogmartin - August 13, 2017
This is a topic and conversation that does not get talked about or covered enough. We all want to put the blame on cremation and ignore the fact that many of the issues facing funeral homes aren't because families choose cremation but because of bad business decisions of many funeral directors who don't want to change or accept cremation.
Funeral Home Owner Howie VanRensselaer Wins July Sich Casket GiveawayCDFuneralNews - August 13, 2017
August 8, 2017 -- Sich Casket has announced the winner of their monthly “Year of the Funeral Director” casket giveaway…