Embalmer/Funeral Director – Saint Joseph, Missouri
The embalmer/funeral director position is responsible for preparation and care of deceased for multiple locations from a central embalming room and crematory operation. Funeral service delivery is also included in the job responsibilities.
Position is responsible for coverage every other weekend. Our funeral home utilizes an off-hours removal team and embalming occurs primarily between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Missouri embalmer and funeral director license or have the ability to reciprocate your state’s license to a Missouri license quickly
- At least two years experience as embalmer
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Demonstrate a high level of compassion, empathy & integrity
- Identify ways to streamline and/or improve work processes and efficiency
- Maintain positive working relationships with fellow staff members
- Handle customer challenges with willingness, friendliness and a “can-do” attitude
- Accommodate customer needs with flexibility to ensure the highest level of satisfaction
- Multitask, prioritize and organize
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, rules & controls
- Adhere to safety rules and regulations and report unsafe practices to management
- Respond to phone calls and e-mails in a timely manner
- Report to work on time and maintain standard attendance
- Team Player
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Variety of Supplemental Insurance Options
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Best schedule in industry
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
DISRUPT Media is a full-service creative agency built for the now. We partner with death care companies to drive deep-rooted brand loyalty and measurable leads through social media.
More Fans. More Conversations. More Leads.
Ryan is also the founder of ConnectingDirectors.com. ConnectingDirectors.com is the leading online daily publication for funeral professionals with a reader base of over 45,000 of the most elite and forward-thinking professionals in the profession. With ConnectingDirectors.com Ryan has created a global community through an online platform allowing funeral professionals to Stay Current. Stay Informed and Stay Elite.
Latest posts by Ryan Thogmartin (see all)
- MAJOR Facebook News Feed Changes and What They Mean For Your Deathcare Business - January 15, 2018
- Does Your State Have a New Minimum Wage Law? - January 10, 2018
- Download: 9 Holiday Animation Videos for Facebook - December 4, 2017
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!