Marching Forward, Making Sales at the 2018 ICCFA Wide World of Sales Conference
STERLING, VA (November 13, 2017) – The International Cemetery, Cremation & Funeral Association (ICCFA) has announced its program schedule for the 2018 Wide World of Sales (WWS) Conference that will be held January 10-12, at the New Orleans Marriott in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The WWS Conference is designed for counselors and managers working in funeral home/cemetery marketing and pre-need or at-need sales. This year’s program centers on the actual act of selling, with proven strategies from experts in their field. Attendees will learn innovative sales and marketing techniques that will have their businesses marching forward and passing the competition.
On Thursday morning, January 11, keynote speaker Dave Brown returns to the WWS with “The Answer Lies Behind the Next Door: Part 2.” This follow-up to last year’s session will address how call reluctance can affect you and your organization’s sales. Brown’s presentation will help strengthen your persistence and enthusiasm and create a plan to tap into your selling potential.
Thursday afternoon keynote speaker David Hooker, head of Evangelism and creative services for Prezi, takes the stage with his presentation “Conversational Presenting.” Hooker will show how the use of visual storytelling is more engaging, more persuasive and more memorable during the sales process.
Friday morning, January 12, keynote speaker Shari Levitin presents her talk “Heart & Sell.” Today’s buyers often avoid the dreaded “sales process.” Use the science of selling with the human connection to reach more buyers and close more deals.
Also on the agenda:
- “Does Your Exhibit Program Have a Killer Strategy to Win the Attendee Engagement Battle?”, Nancy Drapeau, PRC, Senior Research Director, Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR): When your company spends the time, money, and resources to display a booth at a trade show, you want to be able to maximize the effort by being engaged throughout the entire process. Drapeau will share her insights on how to make the most of your trade show investment.
- “Don’t Let Your Aftercare be an Afterthought”, Ben Upton, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Harpeth Hills and A Family Legacy: Join Ben Upton as he shares a step-by-step guide to aftercare. He will take you through how to begin and the keys to long-term success with any aftercare program.
- “Cremation: Refocus is a Must”, Kyle Incardona, Managing Partner, Hillier Funeral, Cremation & Bereavement Specialists: How many of your families choose a direct burial? Now ask yourself the same question about direct cremation? The fact of the matter is that there are just too many! Kyle Incardona will share a formula that will shrink the gap between your burial average and your cremation average, give you a competitive advantage in the profession and help you understand that your competition is not the funeral home up the road or the local cremation society, but the local event coordinator.
Returning to the WWS is the Sales Boot Camp. This program is designed to give those new to sales the inspiration, education and understanding, to be successful in presenting to new clients, closing sales and getting referrals. The Sales Boot Camp is taught by proven industry professionals and is based off ICCFA’s sales training tool, The System. For an intimate and collaborative atmosphere, space is limited to 60 people.
The complete program, hotel and registration information is available at www.wideworldofsales.com. Registration fee discounts are available for multiple attendees from the same company, as low as $495. The New Orleans Marriott will be offering WWS attendees a discounted room rate of $149 per night. Register before December 11, 2017 and save with the early bird rate!
Founded in 1887, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is the only international trade association representing all segments of the cemetery, cremation, funeral and memorialization profession. Its membership is composed of more than 9,100 rooftop locations and 19,000 professionals in the cemetery, funeral home and crematory industries, as well as supplier and related businesses worldwide.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Marching Forward, Making Sales at the 2018 ICCFA Wide World of Sales Conference - November 15, 2017
- BEAN TOWN BREAK DOWN | FUNERAL hustle 015 - November 14, 2017
- NFDA Goes Big In Boston - November 14, 2017
You may be interested
Winter is coming: How forward-thinking funeral homes are preparing for the Internet Generation.Will Chang - November 15, 2017
Four years ago, my cofounder Tyler’s grandmother passed away. Tasked with the responsibility of planning a funeral in his late…
BEAN TOWN BREAK DOWN | FUNERAL hustle 015CDFuneralNews - November 14, 2017
Ryan is exposed EXPOSED as a terrible (.....) in FUNERAL hustle 015! Part 2 of our Boston NFDA recap we…