Selected Recognizes Three Members with 100 Years of Continuous Membership
Deerfield, Ill. -September 12, 2017- Selected Independent Funeral Homes is pleased to announce its first three 100-year anniversary members who became the charter members of Selected’s Century Club. From Selected’s founding in 1917 until today, these three firms have helped form the legacy of National Selected Morticians and Selected Independent Funeral Homes. The three recipient firms include:
- Bonney-Watson Washington Memorial | Sea-Tac, WA
- Iles Funeral Homes, Inc–Dunn’s Funeral Home and Crematory | Des Moines, IA
- Flanner and Buchanan Funeral Centers | Indianapolis, IN
The recognition before the full membership occurred at Selected’s 99th Annual Meeting at the Radisson Blu Aqua in Chicago, Sept. 10-13, 2017. This year also represents a significant milestone year as it marks the 100th anniversary of the association.
“We may be celebrating a century of excellence, but more importantly we also are laying the foundation for the future of funeral service,” said Neil O’Connor, Past-President of Selected Independent Funeral Homes who presided over the ceremony.
The Century Club recognition was preceded by the traditional 50-year and 75-year continuous membership honors which went to the following firms:
- Bisbee-Porcella Funeral Home | Saugus, MA (50-years)
- Keohane Funeral Home | Quincy, MA (50-years)
- Dopkins Funeral Chapel | Dinuba, CA (75-years)
Visit Selected’s Centennial Website to view videos of each firm recognized for their membership milestone.
For more information, visit selectedfuneralhomes.org or call 800-323-4219.
(Photographed Above, Left to right) Rob Paterkiewicz, Executive Director and CEO, Selected Independent Funeral Homes, Ed and Joan Keohane, Keohane Funeral Home; Ann Ciccarelli, Bisbee-Porcella Funeral Home; Karen and Michael Franzen, Dopkins Funeral Chapel and Neil O’Connor, Board Past-President, Selected Independent Funeral Homes.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Transgender Woman Sues Metro Detroit Funeral Homes After Losing Her Job - October 5, 2017
- Eagle’s Wings Air Partners With Delta, United, American Airlines and Southwest Airlines to Provide Free Transportation to Las Vegas Shooting Victims - October 2, 2017
- Foundation Partners Appoints Christine Hunsaker SVP & COO - October 2, 2017
You may be interested
Take That Step | FUNERAL hustle 013DISRUPT Media - October 5, 2017
We hit Atlantic City for the 2017 New Jersey State Funeral Directors Association Annual Convention. We unveiled a brand new…
Transgender Woman Sues Metro Detroit Funeral Homes After Losing Her JobCDFuneralNews - October 5, 2017
Originally Published on WXYZ Detroit Should someone be fired because they are transgender? A transgender woman has sued the owner of…
How to Leverage the One Statistic Everyone is Ignoring and It’s a Game ChangerRyan Thogmartin - October 4, 2017
As a profession, we are completely undervaluing the need to get attention and immediately provide value back to that consumer. It…