Location Manager – San Jose, CA
We are looking for a Location Manager to join our team at Los Gatos Memorial Park in San Jose, CA!
Our first memorial took place in 1889 – since then Los Gatos Memorial Park has been a peaceful setting where families can come to remember and honor.
The Location Manager is accountable for overseeing the operations of the business to ensure the expectations of client families and their guests are exceeded.
- Oversees the management of resources and day-to-day operations.
- Establishing a financial plan and ensure goals and objectives are met each year.
- Analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine location progress toward goals and objectives.
- Understand and monitor compliance of Federal, state, and local laws and regulations for operation of a cemetery, cemetery sales, crematory, and funeral home.
- Develop and monitor quality relationships with suppliers in order to ensure that products and services offered to the business add value to client family satisfaction and market share growth.
- Ensure that all business operation permits are current and applied for in a timely manner.
- Monitor and manage financial results in a manner that meets or exceeds standards.
- Prepare and manage capital requests and expenditures.
- Provide a high level of coaching, mentoring, and development to department heads and location staff.
- Be responsible to ensure that family survey and family service follow up calls are completed.
- Inspections of all facilities, grounds, and locations to ensure all are maintained to standards.
- Develop and implement marketing plans to expand exposure of the location in the community.
- Sponsor on-site community events that promote the business to the community.
- Develop relationships with community businesses and leaders.
- Assist direct reports with setting and meeting their goals.
- Encourage the development of new service offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or some college required.
- Current Funeral Director license required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a combo business
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance.
- Ability to drive to learn a new market and grow the business
- Willingness to explore additional prospecting channels
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) required.
- Detail oriented and ability to work in a team setting.
Qualified candidates can submit resumes to email@example.com
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- FrontRunner Announces Winning Deals From Final Four Challenge - March 20, 2018
- Homesteaders Forms Strategic Relationship With Local Technology Startup - March 20, 2018
- BLOOPERS, FACEBOOK ADS AND THE PERFECT FACEBOOK LEAD FORMULA | DISRUPTu! 041 - March 19, 2018
You may be interested
This is What Deathcare Looks Like When Robot Funeral Directors Take OverJustin Crowe - March 20, 2018
What happens when robots take all the jobs? This is a common question that members of every industry fantasize about…
FrontRunner Announces Winning Deals From Final Four ChallengeCDFuneralNews - March 20, 2018
FrontRunner Professional has announced the winners of the FrontRunner Final Four Challengethat has been running in celebration of the NCAA…
This FREE Webinar That Will Be The Most Valuable Thing You Watch All YearRyan Thogmartin - March 20, 2018
Are you struggling with Facebook marketing for your funeral home? Or maybe you feel like you're doing great with Facebook,…