Location Manager – San Jose, CA
We are looking for a Location Manager to join our team at Los Gatos Memorial Park in San Jose, CA!
Our first memorial took place in 1889 – since then Los Gatos Memorial Park has been a peaceful setting where families can come to remember and honor.
The Location Manager is accountable for overseeing the operations of the business to ensure the expectations of client families and their guests are exceeded.
- Oversees the management of resources and day-to-day operations.
- Establishing a financial plan and ensure goals and objectives are met each year.
- Analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine location progress toward goals and objectives.
- Understand and monitor compliance of Federal, state, and local laws and regulations for operation of a cemetery, cemetery sales, crematory, and funeral home.
- Develop and monitor quality relationships with suppliers in order to ensure that products and services offered to the business add value to client family satisfaction and market share growth.
- Ensure that all business operation permits are current and applied for in a timely manner.
- Monitor and manage financial results in a manner that meets or exceeds standards.
- Prepare and manage capital requests and expenditures.
- Provide a high level of coaching, mentoring, and development to department heads and location staff.
- Be responsible to ensure that family survey and family service follow up calls are completed.
- Inspections of all facilities, grounds, and locations to ensure all are maintained to standards.
- Develop and implement marketing plans to expand exposure of the location in the community.
- Sponsor on-site community events that promote the business to the community.
- Develop relationships with community businesses and leaders.
- Assist direct reports with setting and meeting their goals.
- Encourage the development of new service offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or some college required.
- Current Funeral Director license required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a combo business
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance.
- Ability to drive to learn a new market and grow the business
- Willingness to explore additional prospecting channels
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) required.
- Detail oriented and ability to work in a team setting.
Qualified candidates can submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- The Signature Group Names Inman Shipping Worldwide as Preferred Provider - February 16, 2018
- Halcyon Deathcare Management Solutions announces Halcyon Platinum – a groundbreaking new platform for Funeral Home and Crematory Management - February 14, 2018
- Batesville Announces 2018 Education Series Schedule for Funeral Professionals - February 14, 2018
You may be interested
Here’s What We Can Learn From Fans Scattering Ashes at the Super BowlJustin Crowe - February 18, 2018
During last week's celebration festivities for the Philadelphia Eagles' Super Bowl win, we noticed a trend emerging on social media.…
The Signature Group Names Inman Shipping Worldwide as Preferred ProviderCDFuneralNews - February 16, 2018
The Signature Group has named Inman Shipping Worldwide as their preferred provider of shipping services. Inman will assist on all…
The FBI Raids Body Broker’s Funeral Home and Colorado Shuts it DownJustin Crowe - February 14, 2018
In a previous story we reported on Sunset Mesa Funeral Home that was allegedly dealing the dismembered body parts of…