Location Manager – San Jose, CA
We are looking for a Location Manager to join our team at Los Gatos Memorial Park in San Jose, CA!
Our first memorial took place in 1889 – since then Los Gatos Memorial Park has been a peaceful setting where families can come to remember and honor.
The Location Manager is accountable for overseeing the operations of the business to ensure the expectations of client families and their guests are exceeded.
- Oversees the management of resources and day-to-day operations.
- Establishing a financial plan and ensure goals and objectives are met each year.
- Analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine location progress toward goals and objectives.
- Understand and monitor compliance of Federal, state, and local laws and regulations for operation of a cemetery, cemetery sales, crematory, and funeral home.
- Develop and monitor quality relationships with suppliers in order to ensure that products and services offered to the business add value to client family satisfaction and market share growth.
- Ensure that all business operation permits are current and applied for in a timely manner.
- Monitor and manage financial results in a manner that meets or exceeds standards.
- Prepare and manage capital requests and expenditures.
- Provide a high level of coaching, mentoring, and development to department heads and location staff.
- Be responsible to ensure that family survey and family service follow up calls are completed.
- Inspections of all facilities, grounds, and locations to ensure all are maintained to standards.
- Develop and implement marketing plans to expand exposure of the location in the community.
- Sponsor on-site community events that promote the business to the community.
- Develop relationships with community businesses and leaders.
- Assist direct reports with setting and meeting their goals.
- Encourage the development of new service offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or some college required.
- Current Funeral Director license required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a combo business
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance.
- Ability to drive to learn a new market and grow the business
- Willingness to explore additional prospecting channels
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) required.
- Detail oriented and ability to work in a team setting.
Qualified candidates can submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- 2017 Homesteaders Heroes Program Honors Outstanding Employees - December 7, 2017
- CANA’S 2018 Cremation Symposium Connecting the Dots - December 7, 2017
- LEVERAGING VIDEO TO BOOST FACEBOOK ENGAGEMENT | DISRUPTu! 032 - December 6, 2017
You may be interested
2017 Homesteaders Heroes Program Honors Outstanding EmployeesCDFuneralNews - December 7, 2017
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, the national leader in prearranged funeral funding, has announced the recipients of its…
CANA’S 2018 Cremation Symposium Connecting the DotsCDFuneralNews - December 7, 2017
WHEELING, IL— Connecting the Dots is all about learning strategies for connecting consumer surveys, brand ambassadors, storytelling and therapy animals…
LEVERAGING VIDEO TO BOOST FACEBOOK ENGAGEMENT | DISRUPTu! 032CDFuneralNews - December 6, 2017
This episode is all about leveraging Facebook video. Around 76% of adults online use Facebook, and since the rise of…