Funeral Director/Embalmer – Evansville, IN
SUNSET FUNERAL HOME & MEMORIAL PARK – EVANSVILLE, IN
We are seeking an experienced Funeral Director to join our team of caring professionals at Sunset Funeral Home & Memorial Park in Evansville, Ind.—the Tri-State area’s only combination location. The Funeral Director interacts with client families, reporting directly to the Director of Funeral Services. You will be assisting in creating and maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction.
- Arrange and conduct funeral services and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner and in keeping with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Care for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which includes: transfers, lifting of deceased human remains, embalming, dressing and casketing; coordinating and assisting with funeral service and visitation, delivery of flowers, caskets, urn, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families; and setting of chairs and the removal, proper care, and storage of these items.
- Adhere to all Company and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with funeral services by supervising the parking of cars, ushering, driving funeral vehicles, assisting at chapel and church services, assisting at the cemetery, floral delivery, picking up supplies, participating in special functions and other duties, as required
- Promote a safe work environment by being aware of and practicing universal precautions and adopting general principles of safe conduct
, which includes delivery of death certificates, documentation, and pre-arrangements for next of kin
- Prepare documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, and any other type of data entry
- Assist with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility, and property; receive caskets and other funeral home supplies as well as place into inventory and carry out other responsibilities that may be delegated by management
- Other duties as directed by management
- State of Indiana Licensed Funeral Director
- Excellent work history
- Knowledge of computers and some software is an asset
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Professional and team player
- Minimum Experience: 2 years
What In it For You
- A dynamic place to work
- The opportunity to work side by side with a caring team of professionals
- Health benefits
How to Apply:
Submit your resume today to [email protected].
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- RELEASE THE FN CRAKN! | FUNERAL nation 114 - June 18, 2018
- FrontRunner Professional Announces Expansion of Development Team - June 18, 2018
- Understanding Cremation Growth - June 14, 2018
You may be interested
FTC Releases Results of Undercover Funeral Rule Investigation… 4 Regions BombedJustin Crowe - June 18, 2018
The FTC has released its report detailing the results of its undercover Funeral Rule investigation for 2017. Last year, the…
RELEASE THE FN CRAKN! | FUNERAL nation 114CDFuneralNews - June 18, 2018
It's a barn burner... The Commander is moving his Command Post!!! Besides the Commander on the move, the boys speak…
FrontRunner Professional Announces Expansion of Development TeamCDFuneralNews - June 18, 2018
Today FrontRunner Professional announced a significant expansion to their programming and development team with the addition of Greg Daye and…