ICCFA Convention & Exposition Strikes a High Note in the Music City
STERLING, VA (May 4, 2017)—The International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association’s Annual Convention & Exposition, April 5-8 in Nashville, Tennessee, drew 2,044 total attendees and 534 supplier booths. The convention also welcomed 297 first-time attendees.
The breakdown for the 2017 attendance numbers is as follows:
- Total cemetery, funeral home, crematory and allied business representatives: 723
- 25 percent representing combination cemetery/funeral home operations
- 27 percent representing stand-alone cemeteries
- 28 percent representing stand-alone funeral homes
- 3 percent representing stand-alone pet loss providers
- 1 percent representing crematory operations
- 16 percent “other,” including insurance agents, mortuary school faculty, representatives of industry associations and others
- Exhibitor and supplier registrations: 998
Attendees classified their positions as follows:
- Owners: 45 percent
- Managers: 40 percent
- Staff: 15 percent
- Final purchasing authority: 59 percent
- Make purchasing recommendations: 34 percent
- No purchasing authority: 7 percent
The convention hosted 105 international attendees representing 13 countries outside of the United States.
The event was highly rated by attendees, with 93 percent indicating their overall convention experience was “excellent” or “very good,” and 87 percent indicating they “definitely” or “probably” will attend the ICCFA 2018 Convention.
Among the comments:
- “Attending for the first time has been a transformational experience! The opportunity for networking, education and collaboration can’t be matched by any other gathering in our industry. Inclusive and exclusive!!!” Chris Cooke, Evansville City Cemeteries, Evansville, IN
- “Attending this conference (gave) me a broader perspective on the industry as a whole.” Tim Deutsch, Orange County Cemetery District, Lake Forest, CA
- “ICCFA seems to find the best of the industry — thank you.” Carolyn Katz, Cooperative Funeral Fund, Madison, CT
More than 75 percent of exhibitors rated their overall exposition experience as favorable. Asked about their plans for the 2018 Convention & Exposition at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, 65 percent indicated they planned to exhibit.
Founded in 1887, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association is the only international trade association representing all segments of the cemetery, cremation, funeral and memorialization profession. Its membership is composed of more than 9,100 rooftop locations and 20,000 professionals in the cemetery, funeral home and crematory industries, as well as supplier and related businesses worldwide.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038 - February 5, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding Achievement - February 5, 2018
- NFDA Introduces the 2018 Meet the Mentors Program Participants - January 30, 2018
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!