Cremation Association of North America’s 99th Annual Cremation Innovation Convention at the Grand Hyatt New York August 16-18, 2017
Attendees will have the opportunity to catch a Mets vs. Marlins baseball game at Citi Field and enjoy the history and architecture on display as they tour The Woodlawn Cemetery.
WHEELING, IL—Location may not be everything, but it will be a major draw as industry professionals gather in New York City for the Cremation Association of North America’s (CANA’s) 99th Annual Cremation Innovation Convention. The CANA Convention will be held August 16-18 at the Grand Hyatt New York. With a wide range of valuable networking and educational opportunities, the event will feature business-building sessions as well as practical information on best practices in cremation. Attendees will have the opportunity to catch a Mets vs. Marlins baseball game at Citi Field and enjoy the history and architecture on display as they tour The Woodlawn Cemetery. CANA will also offer a pre-convention Crematory Operations Certification Program™ (COCP™) on August 16.
Exhibits and Sessions Together in One Room
CANA’s convention includes a diverse range of suppliers—from vault, casket, cremator, urn and keepsake manufacturers to vendors who provide banking, architectural, technology, and office services—making this a unique opportunity for all involved. The exhibits are in the same room as the general sessions so that displays and demonstrations of products and services are shared with all event participants.
Informative, Inventive Workshops
The line up of impressive presentations includes:
- Back to Business: Redefining Cremation in the Consumer’s Mind, Larry Stuart, Jr. (Keynote)
- Transition Planning: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, David Nixon and Steve Egna
- Pre-Need Sales Tactics, William Bonacorda
- Survey of Website and Software Tools That Increase Relevance, Nick Timpe
- The Development and Structure of American Cremation Law, Tanya Marsh
- Using Cremation Statistics to Enhance Business Success, Bob Boetticher, Jr.
- International Trends in Cremation, International Cremation Federations panelists
- Cremation Fundamentals, Paul Harris, Lara Price, J.P. DiTroia, Dennis Werner
Program schedule and registration information regarding CANA’s 99th Annual Cremation Innovation Convention is available by visiting http://www.cremationassociation.org or calling 312.245.1077. A video preview of the convention is available here: https://youtu.be/z0KVJ11ga24.
Founded in 1913, the Cremation Association of North America (CANA) is an international organization of over 3,300 members, composed of funeral homes, cemeteries, crematories, industry suppliers, and consultants. CANA members believe that cremation is preparation for memorialization.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- UPDATE ON HUGE FUNERAL INDUSTRY CIVIL LAWSUIT | FUNERAL nation 101 – CHANGE MAKERS - January 21, 2018
- OGR Annual Conference Offers Solutions to Business Problems in Savannah, GA April 4-6, 2018 - January 21, 2018
- Funeral Cribs Episode 5 – Sunset Memorial Park, Alabama - January 18, 2018
You may be interested
UPDATE ON HUGE FUNERAL INDUSTRY CIVIL LAWSUIT | FUNERAL nation 101 – CHANGE MAKERSCDFuneralNews - January 21, 2018
On this episode, we talk with a death care attorney who is handling a high profile civil lawsuit affecting thousands…
OGR Annual Conference Offers Solutions to Business Problems in Savannah, GA April 4-6, 2018CDFuneralNews - January 21, 2018
AUSTIN, TX – JANUARY 2018 - The International Order of the Golden Rule (OGR), the world’s leading professional association dedicated…
Funeral Cribs Episode 5 – Sunset Memorial Park, AlabamaCDFuneralNews - January 18, 2018
The Sunset Memorial Park Funeral Home has had one major goal in mind from the time it started until now,…