Cremation Association of North America’s 99th Annual Cremation Innovation Convention at the Grand Hyatt New York August 16-18, 2017
Attendees will have the opportunity to catch a Mets vs. Marlins baseball game at Citi Field and enjoy the history and architecture on display as they tour The Woodlawn Cemetery.
WHEELING, IL—Location may not be everything, but it will be a major draw as industry professionals gather in New York City for the Cremation Association of North America’s (CANA’s) 99th Annual Cremation Innovation Convention. The CANA Convention will be held August 16-18 at the Grand Hyatt New York. With a wide range of valuable networking and educational opportunities, the event will feature business-building sessions as well as practical information on best practices in cremation. Attendees will have the opportunity to catch a Mets vs. Marlins baseball game at Citi Field and enjoy the history and architecture on display as they tour The Woodlawn Cemetery. CANA will also offer a pre-convention Crematory Operations Certification Program™ (COCP™) on August 16.
Exhibits and Sessions Together in One Room
CANA’s convention includes a diverse range of suppliers—from vault, casket, cremator, urn and keepsake manufacturers to vendors who provide banking, architectural, technology, and office services—making this a unique opportunity for all involved. The exhibits are in the same room as the general sessions so that displays and demonstrations of products and services are shared with all event participants.
Informative, Inventive Workshops
The line up of impressive presentations includes:
- Back to Business: Redefining Cremation in the Consumer’s Mind, Larry Stuart, Jr. (Keynote)
- Transition Planning: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, David Nixon and Steve Egna
- Pre-Need Sales Tactics, William Bonacorda
- Survey of Website and Software Tools That Increase Relevance, Nick Timpe
- The Development and Structure of American Cremation Law, Tanya Marsh
- Using Cremation Statistics to Enhance Business Success, Bob Boetticher, Jr.
- International Trends in Cremation, International Cremation Federations panelists
- Cremation Fundamentals, Paul Harris, Lara Price, J.P. DiTroia, Dennis Werner
Program schedule and registration information regarding CANA’s 99th Annual Cremation Innovation Convention is available by visiting http://www.cremationassociation.org or calling 312.245.1077. A video preview of the convention is available here: https://youtu.be/z0KVJ11ga24.
Founded in 1913, the Cremation Association of North America (CANA) is an international organization of over 3,300 members, composed of funeral homes, cemeteries, crematories, industry suppliers, and consultants. CANA members believe that cremation is preparation for memorialization.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Yes, it’s true: More people die in January - February 6, 2018
- Pierce Sales Representatives Earn Special Achievement Awards - February 6, 2018
- Legacy Funeral Group Expands, Acquiring Seven Funeral Homes & Two Cemeteries - February 6, 2018
You may be interested
Yes, it’s true: More people die in JanuaryCDFuneralNews - February 6, 2018
Originally Published on Legacy.com Since founding Legacy.com in 1998, I have noticed that the winter months are busier than the…
Pierce Sales Representatives Earn Special Achievement AwardsCDFuneralNews - February 6, 2018
BROADVIEW, IL, February 5, 2018 – Pierce was honored to present sales achievement awards to three Regional Sales Representatives and…
Legacy Funeral Group Expands, Acquiring Seven Funeral Homes & Two CemeteriesCDFuneralNews - February 6, 2018
(Houston, TX) Legacy Funeral Group announces the acquisition of seven funeral homes and two cemeteries; a significant expansion of its…