Achieve More in Life: NFDA Launches Work/Life Resource Program
Being a funeral director is gratifying work, but it can be physically and mentally taxing.
Brookfield, Wis. – To help members find balance between a fulfilling career and meaningful life outside of the funeral home, the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) is happy to introduce the Work/Life Resource Program (EAP) as a new benefit of membership.
Supporting grieving families and ensuring every detail of their loved one’s service is perfect requires extraordinary effort. Being a funeral director is gratifying work, but it can be physically and mentally taxing.
The Work/Life Resource Program (EAP) is a free hotline staffed by experts who can suggest resources and offer support to help make life outside of the funeral home a little easier for NFDA members. Whether they want to be proactive and plan for the future, prevent minor issues from becoming big problems, or are having a family emergency, confidential assistance from Work/Life Resource Program (EAP) is available to NFDA members and their immediate family.
“As a business owner, funeral director, husband and father of six children, I understand how difficult it can be to give your all at work and at home,” said NFDA President Ashley Cozine, CFSP, CPC, CCO. “NFDA already provides many tools and resources that help me run my business and be a better funeral director. With the Work/Life Resource Program (EAP), I have a tool to help me make the most of my time with my own family.”
There is no cost to speak with an expert from the Work/Life Resource Program (EAP) – it is a benefit of NFDA membership. All inquiries are confidential in compliance with applicable state and federal privacy laws. Work/Life Resource Program (EAP) services include:
- Speaking with a licensed counselor (stress management, substance abuse, relationships and more); this includes unlimited phone and online consultations and up to three in-person sessions per year
- Online referrals to:
- Care services (adult or child care, summer camps, special needs care, etc.)
- Education services (school information, tutoring, test preparation, etc.)
- Family services (parenting, adoption, pregnancy, infertility, etc.)
- Convenience services (home maintenance and repair, pet care, relocation, community volunteering, etc.)
- Financial information and referrals (saving for college, taxes, family budgeting, retirement planning, etc.)
- Legal information and referrals (divorce, real estate transactions, will preparation, etc.)
- A website with informational articles, tools, webinars, podcasts and more.
For more information about accessing the free Work/Life Resource Program (EAP) and the types of support and referrals available to NFDA members, visit www.nfda.org/worklife or call 800-228-6332 and speak with an NFDA member services representative.
NFDA is the world’s leading and largest funeral service association, serving 19,700 individual members who represent more than 10,000 funeral homes in the United States and 49 countries around the world. NFDA is the trusted leader, beacon for ethics and the strongest advocate for the profession. NFDA is the association of choice because it offers funeral professionals comprehensive educational resources, tools to manage successful businesses, guidance to become pillars in their communities and the expertise to foster future generations of funeral professionals. NFDA is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis., and has an office in Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.nfda.org.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038 - February 5, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding Achievement - February 5, 2018
- NFDA Introduces the 2018 Meet the Mentors Program Participants - January 30, 2018
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!