CANA’s 2017 Cremation symposium: The Race to the top
From February 7-9, the Cremation Association of North America (CANA) hosts its 2017 Cremation Symposium at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel. The theme is Vive La Difference: The Race to the Top!
“The race to the top is about innovation and creativity—and offering cremation families the value and the options they prefer,” says CANA President Tim Borden. “Our event features topics that provide powerful insight into the contemporary practice of cremation and death care and expert presenters that know how to help address changing consumer expectations.”
A great place to gather cremation knowledge and network with industry professionals, the 2017 Cremation Symposium can help attendees devise strategies to stand out as the most knowledgeable, trusted, and responsive service providers in their communities. Symposium presenters and topics include:
- Lynn Elliott and Scott Smith • Square Peg and Round Hole: Advertising and the New Cremation Trends
- Rhonda Montgomery and Todd Uglow • Best Practices for the “Accidental” Event Planners
- Jason Bradshaw • Alkaline Hydrolysis: Creating a Sustainable Venue that Attracts the Public
- Barbara Kemmis • Milestone Project PR Toolkit Introduction
- Justin Baxley • Sharing Life by Design: A Funeral Arranger’s Guide to Relevant Experience
- Julie Burn • Using Community Outreach as a Community and PR Tool
- Kim Medici Shelquist • Seek First to Understand: How Will Changing Demographics and End-of-Life Care Options Impact the Funeral Profession?
CANA’s Cremation Symposiums are truly unique because of their intimate, personalized feel. Presentations and exhibits all take place in a single shared room, providing an opportunity for exhibitors and attendees to spend focused, quality time in consultation.
PLEASE NOTE: There’s still time to save $100. Register by Sunday, January 15 and receive the discounted Early Bird registration fee!
Attendees are encouraged to arrive early for extra continuing education offered throughout the day on February 7. In addition to a pre-symposium offering of its CANA Crematory Operations Certification Program™ (CANA COCP™), CANA is pleased to host the first-ever Alkaline Hydrolysis Summit. This unique event will bring together a diverse group of professionals, including alkaline hydrolysis business owners and practitioners, university and medical center body donation program managers, public health officials, and municipal water management experts.
Registration and up-to-date information about CANA’s 2017 Cremation Symposium are available at http://www.cremationassociation.org.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation Award - November 15, 2017
- Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors Life - November 15, 2017
- Marching Forward, Making Sales at the 2018 ICCFA Wide World of Sales Conference - November 15, 2017
You may be interested
4 Products Beating the Funeral Merchandise Quality EpidemicJustin Crowe - November 15, 2017
Since entering the funeral industry, I have felt a taboo around talking about the topic of quality in relation to…
ASD’s Suicide Telephone Operator Patch (S.T.O.P) System Recognized With 2017 NFDA Innovation AwardCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Boston, MA—On Monday, October 29, ASD – Answering Service for Directors was named the winner of the National Funeral Directors…
Passare Releases Advanced Preneed Integration with Funeral Directors LifeCDFuneralNews - November 15, 2017
Passare, Inc. recently released an advanced integration with Funeral Directors Life Insurance Company, offering the funeral industry’s only integration between…