Funeral Director / Embalmer – Maysville, KY
We currently have a full time opening for a Funeral Director/Embalmer at Knox & Brothers Funeral Home in Maysville, KY. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Provides customer service in all areas of funeral arrangements, cremation ceremonies and internment to assist families achieve peace following the loss of a loved one. Provides exemplary personalized and professional service. Implements choices made by the families or legal representative regarding the funeral, final disposition of the body and memorialization of the individual. Interacts with the family to fulfill death care needs. Ensures customer needs are addressed.
- Arranges and conducts funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner consistent with company policies and procedures
- Negotiates and enters into funeral contracts Handles contracts, legal documents, and collection of payment in accordance with company policies.
- Ensures client families are informed of special recognition/services available for veterans and ensures the delivery of selected recognition/services.
- Arranges for the interment or cremation of human remains
- Adheres to all company and regulatory requirements
- Retains heritage and grows market share through active involvement with community, religious and other organizations
- Performs on-call responsibilities including:
- Taking first calls
- Talking with families
- Answering questions
- Providing initial details
- Conducting transfers
- Confirms authorization to proceed with the service arrangements
- Supervises and cares for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which include:
- Embalming, including verifying identification of the deceased and obtaining authorization for embalming
- Dressing, styling hair and/or applying cosmetics.
- Preparing cremated remains, including container selection, paperwork and identification procedures
- Any other preparation required for human remains
- Supervises funeral services by:
- Supervising the parking of cars
- Driving funeral vehicles
- Assisting at chapel and church services
- Assisting at the cemetery
- Delivering flowers, caskets, urn, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families
- Setting up chairs and the removing, properly caring for and storing of these items
- Participating at special functions
- Other duties, as required
- Ensures adherence to all applicable professional, municipal, provincial/state and federal licensing authority, regulations and rules
- Provides aftercare in absence of Family Service Counselor. Aftercare includes delivery of:
- Information on insurance, health benefits and pension
- Pre-arrangements for next of kin
- Ensures potential pre-need referrals are shared with Family Service Counselors
- Completes and accurately prepares of all documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, and any other type of data entry; prepares reports as necessary
- May assist with general office duties
- May assist with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility and property
- Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies as well as places into inventory
- Ensures refreshments are available (where allowed by law)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or general equivalency degree (or diploma).
- Completion of a dual degree training program at an accredited mortuary college or technical school specializing in funeral AND mortuary science.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Embalmer, Apprentice or Funeral Director, Apprentice in a funeral firm or embalming facility.
- Must meet all licensing requirement in applicable state/province as required by law as prescribed by each state board.
- Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of religious and fraternal organizations customs.
- Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Detail oriented
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/sx8vp3h9g5
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038 - February 5, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding Achievement - February 5, 2018
- NFDA Introduces the 2018 Meet the Mentors Program Participants - January 30, 2018
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!