Batesville Highlights Professional Education at Annual NFDA Convention
Batesville, the leading provider of comprehensive solutions to the death care industry, is helping bring education to the forefront of this year’s National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) convention, October 23-26 in Philadelphia, PA. The company is using its Gold level sponsorship to support professional educational opportunities throughout the week, including CEU sessions conducted by leading experts. Batesville will also offer a series of informative presentations and events in its booth, including a book signing by noted grief counselor and author Dr. Alan Wolfelt, and a celebration of the 40th anniversary of the company’s Living Memorial® tree planting program.
“We’re proud to lend our support to NFDA in highlighting the importance of education, both to individuals and to the future of our industry,” said Troy Turner, chief marketing and information officer for Batesville. “As a partner to funeral directors, our goal is for all who attend this year’s convention to go home with new insights that will empower them to be even more successful.”
Recognized as the leader in product quality, service and innovation, Batesville has created an environment for funeral professionals to learn about new burial and cremation offerings, merchandising tools and technology solutions that can help them in their journey with families – both inside and outside the funeral home. Among its latest offerings, Batesville will showcase its new website which features expanded content for funeral directors and families.
Attendees are encouraged to stop by the Batesville booth (3111) for a demo or to learn about the latest products, programs and resources available to help funeral directors manage and market their business. Educational sessions will be held from 12:45–3:00 p.m. on October 24 and 25. A complete schedule of events is available at: https://www.batesville.com/nfda-booth-event-flyer/.
Highlights for the week include:
Monday, Oct. 24
- Meet Dr. Wolfelt: Dr. Alan Wolfelt will be on hand to sign copies of his latest book, “The Paradoxes of Mourning: Healing Your Grief with Three Forgotten Truths,” following a brief presentation in the Batesville booth. The first 400 people will receive free copies, compliments of Batesville. Presentation starts at 12:45 p.m.; book signing from 1:00–2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 25
- CEU Workshop: “Having It My Way: Serving Today’s Consumer,” by Paul Holzman, Batesville marketing director, from 9:45-10:45 a.m. This session is approved for 1 CEU. Check the 2016 NFDA Convention Program & Planner for specific location.
- Living Memorial 40th Anniversary Celebration: Since 1976, nearly 14 million trees have been planted as “living memorials” to loved ones. Join the celebration from 1:00–2:00 p.m. in the Batesville booth.
“The NFDA convention provides an annual forum for funeral professionals and suppliers to come together and talk about the challenges we face, and to learn from one another’s experiences,” said Turner. “The opportunity to engage with those we serve is priceless, and we look forward to a great week in Philadelphia.”
Batesville (www.Batesville.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of Hillenbrand, Inc. (NYSE:HI), is the leader in the North American death care industry, offering a comprehensive portfolio of Burial Solutions, Cremation Options, Memorial Solutions and Technology Solutions. For more than 125 years, Batesville has been dedicated to helping families honor the lives of those they love.® Batesville’s innovation has changed the face of funeral service, from advancements in manufacturing and quality to patented features and memorialization offerings, technology and web-based solutions, and profit-enhancing merchandising systems. Our manufacturing excellence, product innovation, superior customer service and reliable delivery have helped Batesville be recognized by funeral professionals as #1 in product quality, service and innovation – 3 years in a row.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Download Our FREE Memorial Day Video - May 24, 2018
- FrontRunner Unveils its New ‘Final Resting Place’, GPS Enabled App - May 24, 2018
- StoneMor Partners Names Inman Shipping Worldwide as Preferred Shipping Provider - May 22, 2018
You may be interested
Download Our FREE Memorial Day VideoCDFuneralNews - May 24, 2018
Finding the right Memorial Day content to express your gratitude and honoring those who have fallen for our country can…
FrontRunner Unveils its New ‘Final Resting Place’, GPS Enabled AppCDFuneralNews - May 24, 2018
FrontRunner today announced the unveiling of the new GPS enabled App, Final Resting Place, which allows funeral homes, cemeteries and…
Learn How Your Funeral Home Can Offer Natural Burials in The Green Burial GuidebookJustin Crowe - May 23, 2018
The Green Burial Guidebook is a new book by Elizabeth Fournier explaining the methods and ideas behind having an affordable, environmentally…