Social Media is Not Going Away, but Your Business Might
Some things you like, and some things you don’t like. With the things you don’t like, some of them you can ignore. Some you can’t ignore. Some things, no matter whether you ignore them or not, will never go away.
Of the things that will never go away, ignoring some of them won’t hurt you. But ignoring some things will definitely hurt you. Like hunger. If you ignore hunger long enough, you will die.
Social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) are here to stay. They may evolve but, like hunger, they will never go away. You can ignore utilizing them in your marketing plan. But if you do, your business will eventually die.
Pay attention to these statistics:
- As of July 2015, total worldwide population is 7.3 billion
- The internet has 3.17 billion users
- There are 2.3 billion active social media users (that’s almost 32% of the world’s population)
- Social media users have risen by 176 million in the last year
- 1 million new active mobile social users are added every day
- Facebook alone has over 1.71 billion users
- Instagram has over 400 million users
- Social networks earned an estimated $8.3 billion from advertising in 2015
- People aged 55-64 are more than twice as likely to engage with branded content than those 28 or younger
- Facebook adds 500,000 new users every day; 6 new profiles every second
- Facebook now sees 8 billion average daily video views from 500 million users
- 72% of all online US adults visit Facebook at least once a month
- There are 400 million monthly active users on Instagram
- Over 80 million photos are uploaded to Instagram each day
- There are 3.5 billion Instagram Likes per day
The point is this…if you are dragging your feet by not maintaining an active presence in Facebook and other social media channels, you are already behind. Your competitors who do integrate social media into their marketing plans will take away a significant portion of your potential customers if they haven’t already. Your funeral business will die because you refused to evolve technologically.
The good news is that it’s not too late! You can turn things around almost overnight by creating and maintaining an active and attractive presence in Facebook, and/or the other channels. It’s not difficult to get started, but it can be intimidating to consistently generate ideas for content, or just to find the time to maintain your page.
If you need help, you can turn to the experts at DISRUPT Media. We are the only full-service social media agency specifically catering to the funeral profession. Go to http://www.funeralsocial.com to find out more about the services we offer. Our clients who are a part of our FUNERAL Social Design Process are seeing an increase in post reach and engagement of over 300%.
Schedule a live demo with DISRUPT Media: http://www.funeralsocial.com/demo
Learn more about our FUNERAL Social Design Process: http://funeralsocial.com/social/
Download our social media goals worksheet: http://funeralsocial.com/social-media-goals-worksheet/
Ryan Thogmartin is a death care entrepreneur and the CEO of DISRUPT Media and creator of ConnectingDirectors.com. | Follower of Christ | Husband | Father | Entrepreneur | Host of #DISRUPTu! and #FUNERALnationtv | Lover of Skittles
DISRUPT Media is a social media first marketing company that focuses on social storytelling for funeral companies. DISRUPT uses insights gained through analytics to build creative campaigns that achieve actual business goals.
DISRUPT Media is a full-service creative agency built for the now. We partner with death care companies to drive deep-rooted brand loyalty and measurable leads through social media.
More Fans. More Conversations. More Leads.
Ryan is also the founder of ConnectingDirectors.com. ConnectingDirectors.com is the leading online daily publication for funeral professionals with a reader base of over 45,000 of the most elite and forward-thinking professionals in the profession. With ConnectingDirectors.com Ryan has created a global community through an online platform allowing funeral professionals to Stay Current. Stay Informed and Stay Elite.
Latest posts by Ryan Thogmartin (see all)
- Want Success? Don’t Be On Auto Pilot! | FUNERAL hustle 014 - November 9, 2017
- 24 Images That Take You Inside Last Weeks NFDA Convention - November 7, 2017
- The Top 70 Funniest Tombstones - November 5, 2017
You may be interested
BEAN TOWN BREAK DOWN | FUNERAL hustle 015CDFuneralNews - November 14, 2017
Ryan is exposed EXPOSED as a terrible (.....) in FUNERAL hustle 015! Part 2 of our Boston NFDA recap we…
NFDA Goes Big In BostonCDFuneralNews - November 14, 2017
Brookfield, Wis. – The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) 2017 International Convention & Expo, held October 29 through November 1…
2017 REFLECTION OF NFDA BOSTON AND A TRIBUTE TO THE VETERANS | FUNERAL nation 094CDFuneralNews - November 13, 2017
On this episode, we send a big "thank you" to our very own Funeral Commander, Jeff Harbeson in honor of…