Embalmer – Torrance, California
Family-owned mortuary in the heart of the South Bay of Los Angeles County seeks experienced, California-licensed Embalmer. White & Day, Inc. offers our clients comfort, professionalism, and an opportunity to create innovative and meaningful services, ceremonies, and celebrations. Learn more about us at www.lafuneral.com.
- Exemplify Company Values, Promote Positive Morale
- Oversee Quality Control of Decedent Care
- Adhere to Budgetary Guidelines
Day to Day Operations in Care Center:
Decedent Care, serving approximately 1500 clients annually
- Properly conduct decedent transfer to mortuary, crematory
- Assess decedent regarding possibility of coroner involvement, reporting contagious diseases, removal of pacemakers, etc.
- Able to work with clients with family washings, dressings, etc.
- Able to ready non-embalmed decedents
- Able to embalm decedents, repair as necessary
- Able to independently dress and apply cosmetics to decedents
- Able to dye and/or style all hair types
- Exhibit proper casketing technique
- Maintain privacy and security of decedents
- Adhere to all requirements involving protective equipment, safety procedures
- Maintain sanitary conditions of all preparation areas and equipment
- Properly dispose of waste materials
- Oversee labeled shared storage facilities
- Complete and maintain proper documentation
- Valid California Embalmer License
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record per DMV report
- Minimum 5 years industry experience and/or 1,000 completed embalmings
- Ability to accurately use computer software including industry specific programs, Excel spreadsheets, Outlook
To apply to join our team, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Embalmer” in the subject line.
White & Day Mortuaries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Director of Support – Western US - August 21, 2017
- Express Funeral Funding Launches New Website - August 20, 2017
- Foundation Partners Group Adds Anderson-McQueen to FPG Family - August 17, 2017
You may be interested
This is How Facebook Protects Your Privacy After You DieRyan Thogmartin - August 22, 2017
Facebook offers the option of a Legacy Contact. Every user has the option of choosing a trusted friend or family member to be in charge of their Facebook profile when they pass away.
4 Social Media Mistakes Death Care Companies Are Making (and How to Fix Them)Ryan Thogmartin - August 22, 2017
On one hand, there's always something new to learn and try. However, not everything makes sense when it comes to marketing death care companies. We've watched many funeral organizations lose focus on strategy due to the bright and shiny nature of the new tactics that pop up. Tactics come in all shapes, sizes and value levels. Some are new features that are useful and others can be 'shortcuts' that ultimately lead us in the wrong direction. Recent conversations got us thinking, so we wanted to talk about some social media marketing mistakes we see death care companies make, and how they can fix them.
August 31 is International Overdose Awareness Day (IOAD)Ryan Thogmartin - August 21, 2017
Unfortunately, the opioid epidemic isn’t much of a headline anymore. With over 100 overdose-related deaths everyday, we, as a country, have become desensitized to death and drugs. Funeral homes are charged with taking care of the final arrangements for those who have been taken from this earth too soon.