Embalmer – Torrance, California
Family-owned mortuary in the heart of the South Bay of Los Angeles County seeks experienced, California-licensed Embalmer. White & Day, Inc. offers our clients comfort, professionalism, and an opportunity to create innovative and meaningful services, ceremonies, and celebrations. Learn more about us at www.lafuneral.com.
- Exemplify Company Values, Promote Positive Morale
- Oversee Quality Control of Decedent Care
- Adhere to Budgetary Guidelines
Day to Day Operations in Care Center:
Decedent Care, serving approximately 1500 clients annually
- Properly conduct decedent transfer to mortuary, crematory
- Assess decedent regarding possibility of coroner involvement, reporting contagious diseases, removal of pacemakers, etc.
- Able to work with clients with family washings, dressings, etc.
- Able to ready non-embalmed decedents
- Able to embalm decedents, repair as necessary
- Able to independently dress and apply cosmetics to decedents
- Able to dye and/or style all hair types
- Exhibit proper casketing technique
- Maintain privacy and security of decedents
- Adhere to all requirements involving protective equipment, safety procedures
- Maintain sanitary conditions of all preparation areas and equipment
- Properly dispose of waste materials
- Oversee labeled shared storage facilities
- Complete and maintain proper documentation
- Valid California Embalmer License
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record per DMV report
- Minimum 5 years industry experience and/or 1,000 completed embalmings
- Ability to accurately use computer software including industry specific programs, Excel spreadsheets, Outlook
To apply to join our team, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Embalmer” in the subject line.
White & Day Mortuaries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038 - February 5, 2018
- Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding Achievement - February 5, 2018
- NFDA Introduces the 2018 Meet the Mentors Program Participants - January 30, 2018
You may be interested
IS FACEBOOK NOW PAY-TO-PLAY? | DISRUPTu! 038CDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
Are you ready to fight...!? Ready to FIGHT those recent Facebook Newsfeed changes?! You're in luck with this week's brand…
Homesteaders Recognizes Account Executives for Outstanding AchievementCDFuneralNews - February 5, 2018
West Des Moines, Iowa — Homesteaders Life Company, a national leader in pre-need funeral funding, held its national sales meeting and recognition…
We are Building Something Exciting for You… and We Need Your Help!Justin Crowe - January 31, 2018
We want to make your deathcare job easier. Tell us what you want in this 2-minute survey and get entered to win $100! The Connecting Directors and Disrupt Media teams are excited to be planning some new free funeral home marketing content and products for you in 2018 and we want to know what you need most! We want to know your biggest business wins of 2017, the tasks in your day that you hate, and what you feel is holding you back!