Funeral Director/Embalmer – Falls Church, VA
At Carriage Services we believe in the concept of “First Who, Then What.” We have learned that leaders, who attract and surround themselves with the best people, achieve great things. Carriage Services is not for everyone. We believe in the Four E’s of Leadership—Energy, Energize, Edge, and Execute. Our high performance culture is demanding. If you can compete at this level, then our Company is for you!
Carriage Services is looking for an experienced Funeral Director/Embalmer to join our team at Everly Community Funeral Care in Falls Church, VA!
Our directors work with client families to arrange memorial services, presenting all options and ensuring experiences of the highest quality. We count on our directors to exemplify our core values, providing the most professional and ethical service possible.
Responsibilities and essential director functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meets with client families to listen and arrange personalized memorial services
- Ensures all files and paperwork are timely and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations
- Conducts and attends services regularly
- Understand and implements company provided training
- Works on-call/first call, as needed/ strong embalming skills, care center for Everly-Wheatley
- Utilizes systems to review merchandise options, enter contracts and complete necessary forms
- Directs employees to ensure they meet a high standard of professionalism and service level
- Appropriately uses corporate support
- Maintains open and effective communication and accurate, up-to-date client files
- Participation in community events, groups and/or organizations
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Funeral Director/Embalmer
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in growing market share through community involvement
- Valid Funeral Director/Embalmer License and/or the ability to obtain licenses or Application By Endorsement in the State of Virginia
- Valid state issued driver’s license in good standing and acceptable driving record
Qualified candidates may submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Director of Support – Western US - August 21, 2017
- Express Funeral Funding Launches New Website - August 20, 2017
- Foundation Partners Group Adds Anderson-McQueen to FPG Family - August 17, 2017
You may be interested
4 Social Media Mistakes Death Care Companies Are Making (and How to Fix Them)Ryan Thogmartin - August 22, 2017
On one hand, there's always something new to learn and try. However, not everything makes sense when it comes to marketing death care companies. We've watched many funeral organizations lose focus on strategy due to the bright and shiny nature of the new tactics that pop up. Tactics come in all shapes, sizes and value levels. Some are new features that are useful and others can be 'shortcuts' that ultimately lead us in the wrong direction. Recent conversations got us thinking, so we wanted to talk about some social media marketing mistakes we see death care companies make, and how they can fix them.
August 31 is International Overdose Awareness Day (IOAD)Ryan Thogmartin - August 21, 2017
Unfortunately, the opioid epidemic isn’t much of a headline anymore. With over 100 overdose-related deaths everyday, we, as a country, have become desensitized to death and drugs. Funeral homes are charged with taking care of the final arrangements for those who have been taken from this earth too soon.
Director of Support – Western USCDFuneralNews - August 21, 2017
At Carriage Services, we believe in the concept of “First Who, Then What.” We have learned that leaders, who attract and surround…