Eleventh Annual Funeral Service Business Plan Dates Announced
Experts to Help Attendees Overcome Obstacles, Boost Profitability
Top funeral home operators and some of the profession’s most knowledgeable experts will deliver strategic guidance at the Eleventh Annual Funeral Service Business Plan Conference, Dec. 8-9 in New Orleans.
“We used to be able to say that our Funeral Service Business Plan Conference was the best kept secret in funeral service, but word has spread about how much our conference has helped funeral professionals not only boost their profitability but the service they provide to the community as well,” said Thomas A. Parmalee, executive director of Kates-Boylston Publications and the longtime moderator of the conference. “That service to the community is what this profession is all about, and that theme is going to be on full display at our upcoming event in New Orleans.”
At the conference, you’ll learn how to:
• Acquire the money you need to improve facilities and offerings.
• Create consumer-friendly packages for veterans and other groups.
• Help families reap the emotional and financial benefits of prearranging.
• Build your employee dream team.
• Educate families through the forms you’re required to provide.
• Nectar Ramirez, director of training at Batesville, will share proven strategies to overcome challenges associated with the rising cremation rate.
• Ernie Heffner, president of Heffner Funeral Chapels & Crematory, will highlight how his firm has built goodwill – while also doing the right thing – through the innovative ways it serves veterans and their families.
• Doug Gober, owner of Gober Strategic Capital, will lead attendees on a journey of what funeral professionals would do differently if they were building a funeral home from scratch.
• Dan Isard, founder and president of The Foresight Companies, will reveal the most critical steps of strategic planning.
• Chris Farmer, owner of The Farmer Firm, will provide a roadmap on planning for prosperity and reducing your liability when hiring, firing, developing and retaining employees.
• Erin Whitaker, senior director, operations integration for Foundation Partners Group, will examine how to build an employee dream team.
• Poul Lemasters, owner of Lemasters Consulting, will explore an often-overlooked topic – funeral home forms – and how bad ones are stealing profits from firms everywhere.
• Paul Seyler, president of Competitive Resources, will walk you through five things that you’re probably doing but need to immediately stop. If you don’t, you’ll face dire consequences.
Continuing education units will be available for attendees from most states. But more importantly, the program will provide the tools you need to develop a strategic business plan to make your business stronger and better.
BONUS: Sign up for the program by Aug. 30 and save $100 off their registration. Maximize your savings by extending your stay to also attend the Cremation Strategies Conference, Dec. 7. (Visit www.cremtionstrategies.com to learn more about the Cremation Strategies Conference.)
Both the Funeral Service Business Plan Conference and Cremation Strategies Conference will be held at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside at Two Poydras Street, which is within easy walking distance of the French Quarter, the Arts & Warehouse District and other popular attractions.
Visit www.kbbizplan.com to learn more about the Funeral Service Business Plan Conference.
Kates-Boylston Publications publishes American Funeral Director and American Cemetery magazines as well as Funeral Service Insider. The company has been helping funeral professionals succeed and serve since 1877. Learn more at www.katesboylston.com.
You may be interested
Bizarre Burial Pod Coffins That Grow More Trees.. Not Cut Them DownMadison Ashby - August 16, 2018
Capsula Mundi is an Italian organization with a mission of mastering green burial. This company wants to reinvent the way…
NFDA Announces Officer Election ResultsCDFuneralNews - August 16, 2018
Brookfield, Wis. – The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) is pleased to announce that qualified association members have elected the…
Funeral Service Foundation Now Accepting Select Foundation ’45 Award Applications and SubmissionsCDFuneralNews - August 16, 2018
Brookfield, Wis. – The Funeral Service Foundation is now accepting online applications and submissions for select Foundation ’45 Awards, which…