Marketing Guide Provides Much-Needed Help for Funeral Homes
It’s been several years since Volume 1 of “The Funeral Director’s Guide to Marketing” was published, and a lot has changed during that time.
Facebook has a lot more clout, search engine optimization has taken on even more importance and cremation has continued its upward climb. As a result, marketing has never been more important.
Fortunately, funeral professionals now have one more tool to add to their arsenals to keep the families they’ve served in the past while also developing relationships with new customers: Volume 2 of “The Funeral Director’s Guide to Marketing” is now available for sale.
The guidebook – more than 130 pages long – starts off with a funeral home marketing survey that delves into what marketing tactics are working – and which aren’t. Numerous authors have contributed never-before-published articles to the book, including:
- Dean Lambert, senior vice president of marketing and communications for Homesteaders Life Co., who shares strategies to boost market share.
- Zack Garbow, the co-founder and head geek at Funeral Innovations, who delivers advanced approaches to engage in outreach via Facebook.
- Steve Cronin, associate editor of Kates-Boylston Publications, who explores how using humor in advertising can help funeral homes reap huge rewards.
- Joe Weigel, owner of Weigel Strategic Marketing, who provides a step-by-step blueprint for writing a marketing plan.
- Jessica Fowler, a public relations specialist at ASD – Answering Service for Directors, who explores how a content-driven marketing approach can help funeral homes grow.
- Rose Milto, president and owner of Funeral Research & Insight, who shares tips on marketing a new funeral home location.
- Ashley Montroy, marketing director at FrontRunner Professional, who shares the do’s and don’ts of online funeral home marketing.
- Ryan Thogmartin, owner and CEO of Disrupt Media, who provides tips on bolstering your funeral home profile through social media.
- Mayra Ruiz McPherson, who explores how to make your funeral home website more mobile friendly.
- Joe Joachim, CEO of funeralOne, who shares ideas on bolstering engagement with today’s families.
Homesteaders Life Co. is the exclusive sponsor of both volumes of the marketing guide. The company notes in the foreword of the latest volume that it is proud to be partnering with Kates-Boylston Publications to promote the value of funeral service.
“The first volume of ‘The Funeral Directors Guide to Marketing’ was one of our bestsellers, but marketing is something that funeral homes can constantly be improving on – especially given that technology and consumers continue to change,” said Thomas A. Parmalee, executive director of Kates-Boylston Publications. “We’re going to continue to partner with organizations such as Homesteaders to help funeral professionals succeed and serve – and this second volume fits in perfectly with our mission.”
The book costs $99 and can be purchased by clicking on the Bookstore link at www.katesboylston.com or by calling customer service at 800-500-4585.
Kates-Boylston Publications publishes American Funeral Director and American Cemetery & Cremation magazines and Funeral Service Insider. The company has been helping funeral professionals succeed and serve since 1877. Learn more at www.katesboylston.com.
Latest posts by CDFuneralNews (see all)
- Foundation Partners Group Adds Anderson-McQueen to FPG Family - August 17, 2017
- Sales Professional – North FL/Georgia - August 17, 2017
- On Our Soapbox: The Truth About Cremation | FUNERAL nation 085 - August 16, 2017
You may be interested
Foundation Partners Group Adds Anderson-McQueen to FPG FamilyCDFuneralNews - August 17, 2017
Orlando, FL – Foundation Partners Group (FPG), a leading provider of innovative funeral, cemetery and cremation experiences and products, has…
Sales Professional – North FL/GeorgiaCDFuneralNews - August 17, 2017
Wilbert Funeral Services Inc. is a wholesale product and service provider to the funeral industry. Our manufactured products include burial…
On Our Soapbox: The Truth About Cremation | FUNERAL nation 085CDFuneralNews - August 16, 2017
Cremation truth and Social Media Screwup: Watch Ryan & The Commander tell it like it is on their soapbox! (more…)